SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs P365 SAS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs P365 SAS Login/Join 
posted
Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks

Posts: 73 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the SAS specifically for pocket carry. It is ideal in that role. Were I to carry a 365 in a holster, I would get a standard or even an XL. The bulls eye target is great for out to about 7 yards, but that's it.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David C.:
P365 vs P365 SAS

Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks

Not the SAS

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Not the SAS[/url]

+1

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
The SAS is without a doubt an acquired taste. And, it does require a bit more trigger time (and familiarization) to be comfortable with the sights. Once you're comfortable, it's rather accurate out to 7-10 yards.

The single rear sight is actually 2 separate sights, a tritium dial and a fiber optic. The SAS (Sig Anti Snag) feature makes this an excellent choice for pocket carry inside a suitable pocket holster. I own both the original and the SAS as well as the XL. The SAS is definitely my 3rd choice to carry but if it were all I had, I wouldn't be upset.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
I sold my SAS (w/ XL grip module) after carrying it daily for 2+ years.
Picked up a 365X and put a Holosun on it... Never looked back.

Posts: 13991 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 365SAS and a 365XL. The XL is a better weapon for everything but pocket carry. There is a place for both, just think of the SAS as an upgraded J frame revolver with twice the rounds and a quicker reload in a more potent caliber.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies, everybody!

Posts: 73 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my SAS. It does take a little more practice to get used to the sight and its not as quick to acquire, but the anti-snag is worth it to me.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post