SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    B&T APC9K Pro - anyone have one? Your thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&T APC9K Pro - anyone have one? Your thoughts? Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
Been thinking of getting a B&T APC9K Pro, to be SBR’d. Anyone have one? How do you like it? A bit on a high end, price wise. Pistol going around $2,100 to $2,300. Collapsible stock around $600. Plus $200 for tax stamp.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one, but I haven't "kitted" it yet so I haven't put any rounds through it unlike my APC9 Pro. I bought it with the B&T magazine receiver since I now have a humongous hoard of their mags thanks to my buying spree prior to my state's mag limit implementation.

The APC9 Pro (also w/ B&T mag lower) is particularly soft shooting and hasn't shown any negative traits over the 750 or so rounds in a variety of brands and loads that I've put through it. However I'm now thinking about picking up the Glock lower for it as well, only because the B&T mags have a reputation for being somewhat fragile on impact with hard surfaces. I bought a bunch of the mag bumper bases but I've noticed that the magazines don't always fall out of the magwell in a convenient vertical orientation, sometimes striking the rocky ground in ways that can be rather cringe-worthy. That's not a sensation I've experienced with Glock 33-rounders...just sayin'.

-MG

Posts: 1961 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
ador, I have the APC9K Pro, I got it in late July. I picked mine up from Arms Unlimited out of Vegas.

It was $2,200 out the door.

When it arrived it included the collapsible stock configured for a Gear Head works brace device. That was a nice surprise.
Not being able to find a Mod1C brace device anywhere, and after much looking, I was able to then order from B&T in Tampa the buffer/folding stock/brace assembly. I have a folding brace on it now.

I have about 75 rounds through it, I procured a Trijicon MRO since I could not find a Aimpoint ACRO P2 anywhere. It is very accurate.

I have a small number of mags now for it 15, 20 and 30 rnd counts. They all fed perfectly when I took it out.

I look forward to the next range session with it.

I cant think of a reason not to get it, high quality compact Pistol/PCC.

HK Ag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what particulars you would like. I have one. Actually more than one (color choice is important you knowSmile. I have thousands of rounds through the APC9K and many more thousands through the other APC's I have. I love these guns. Exceptionally well made, soft shooting and reliable. run well suppressed. The trigger is nothing special, but fully acceptable to me. With the huge bonus that B&T accessories are top notch AND you have the option of mag type by getting a different lower. I normally run glock mags because I have so many of the them and they are so tough when tossed around on the ground and cheaper. The things of note about the K are: the barrel is threaded only (no 3 lug like a normal APC9) so you will likely want to put a 3 lug on it and that adds a bit of length. The std. APC mags are a bit fragile when tossed on concrete (but the bumpers they offer really help).
I can't think of any other downsides. I can certainly guarantee you will be happy shooting and handling it. Mostly for all B&T the downsides are only price and availability. Ask away if you want some particular point covered in more detail.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10987 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
The APC9K Pro comes with a threaded barrel for suppressor use. It also come with a 3-lug adaptor. If you are to use the 3-lug adaptor for the suppressor, will there be any issue on the adaptor "getting loose" when shooting? I am leaning towards this model because of the ability to use 2 different suppressors (3-lug and threaded). Just a bit concerned about the possibility if the 3-lug adaptor loosening up when shooting.

The APC9 Pro comes with a "fixed" 3-lug barrel, longer barrel, longer front rail for holding the front when shooting.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me 3-lug is the way I'll go on the K, since for now I only have a solitary can (Griffin Optimus) to split time with. My 8" MPX, SP5K-PDW and SP5 are all set up for 3-lug. If it means that I have to lock down the adapter to the K with Rocksett to keep it from inevitably walking, so be it. YMMV.

-MG

Posts: 1961 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First to be clear, if you don't need the shorter length of the APC9K the APC9 is much more an all around gun. Real estate on the front of the K model is pretty limited.
On the issue of 3 lug, yes loosening of the threaded 3 lug is an issue. If I was trying for the setup ador wants on a K model I would use a 3 lug that has a 1/2x28 muzzle on it. And then loctite (rocksett) the 3 lug to the barrel. From a previous thread in the suppressor section loosening of the thread protector inside the 3 lug does not seem to be an issue. I have used and can vouch for the 3 lug with 1/2x28 muzzle threads by ILWT. But I'm sure there are a zillion choices.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback folks. I just ordered an APC9 Pro-G (takes Glock magazine). I have decided to go with the longer barrel, fixed 3-lug, bigger real estate towards the front.

posted Hide Post
excellent choice, the best and most versatile of the APC9's IMO. If left to pick only one that is the one I would keep. Only downside to the Glock lower is the mag release mechanism.