SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vektor SP1 Sport, hard chrome and nickel (and SP2 Competition and Llama 87 for comparison)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vektor SP1 Sport, hard chrome and nickel (and SP2 Competition and Llama 87 for comparison) Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I've been after one of these SP1 Sports for years. I paid more than I wanted but less than some have gone for...mostly as it was just the pistol, no original box. I also have an SP2 Competition with original stuff that I got for a song so dollar cost averaging...or something Confused

The action on this is so slick...and trigger is amazing. I've got several similarly configured target pistols and this one feels better than most.

For those that don't know, these were made in South Africa by Vektor/Denel Industries from re-engineered plans of the original Beretta 92 first series frame safety guns. They share a LOT in common but don't interchange much with modern 92 parts (the mags work which is key). The mainspring assembly looks more like the Sig 226 arrangement than Beretta.

Vertical SAO trigger with travel limit screw (adjusts from inside the frame with the slide off)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Here's the SP2 Competition...similar but different:

Also, another variant off the same branch in the family tree, the Spanish Llama 87:

different solution to a travel limit screw:

posted Hide Post
Wow very nice!

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember holding and shooting several of these pistols around the time they were being imported by Shooters of Tidewater here in SE.VA. they seemed to offer good features for the price and the rentals seemed to hold up long enough to stay in the case. There just didn't seem to be a lot of factory support for them though with such a small footprint.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yeah...the company didn't last long in the 90's....went into receivership not long after.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Those are gorgeous!!!

I never knew about that company. It really does look like a Beretta 92 but maybe even a little better! Very cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I checked the trigger weight...on straight triggers, it really depends on where on the face you hold. 1.8lbs on the bottom, 2.2lbs in the middle on the nickel frame. 2.2lbs on the bottom, 3lbs in the middle on the black frame. Both SAO...clean pulls, no stacking.

I pulled out the SP2 and swapped uppers...ok, this looks amazing:

and the other resulting combo:

posted Hide Post
Something to snatch up if you run across it is one od the CP1s. Although nowhere near the quality of your others, they sold I think mostly for the cool look. Haven't seen one for sale in a long time and they may have been bought back and kept by the factory under some type of recall.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
WAY cool. Thanks for the great pics.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Those do look damn cool!

Posts: 5147 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
So you no longer need your Beretta 92 Combats right? So I should keep checking Classifieds for that??

Great looking pistol(s)!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Hah. Thanks...I'm down to only two of them. Sold the unfired one to buy a laser engraver for my wife for her birthday earlier this year as a surprise.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
One for each hand. Makes sense!

Where did you find the Vektor? LGS? Auction website? The Dark web? I've been trying to find a 92 Combat for awhile, I just love the comped 92 look, probably from The Professional I admit but I am easily impressionable, but I'd be okay with something like that. Maybe depending on if they are 92 Combat money or less.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Auction.

The Combat isn't what Leon used; it was a normal 92 with compensator on it. One can reproduce that setup for a fraction of the cost of a Combat. Also, a Combat doesn't have a compensator...it's a shroud for a longer barrel.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Auction.

The Combat isn't what Leon used; it was a normal 92 with compensator on it. One can reproduce that setup for a fraction of the cost of a Combat. Also, a Combat doesn't have a compensator...it's a shroud for a longer barrel.

Mind BLOWN!

Where would someone get such a compensator to, say, fulfill a very long held dream?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
check out the SGS one from a guy on the Beretta Forum. I think he makes them.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
check out the SGS one from a guy on the Beretta Forum. I think he makes them.

Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Love those, thanks for showing them to us. Not something you see every day.

I love those black grips with the blue Vector emblem. Probably in my top 3 grips off all time.

I am also a sucker for the 2 tone look.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post