New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 44 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Has anyone used the ProMag 18rd mags?

https://www.americanrifleman.o...-44-magazine-review/

I'm thinking about a 44 as a cheaper way to shoot my G-19, but I prefer to load 14 rds, not all 18.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one a year ago at Thanksgiving time. Shot a few hundred rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it and it malfunctioned often. Didn't even try the "problematic" Federal bulk.

Not sure if I shot 36 Grain HP or 40 Grain Round Nose, since I had both kinds. But either way, if a rimfire pistol isn't reliable with Mini Mags I'm not going to keep it so I sold it off.

The .22LR keepers I have are: Two Sig/Hammerli Trailside 6", Ruger Mark II Competition Slab Barrel, and a S&W Model 41.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
When the G44 first came out I had to have one right away after watching videos of it being the most reliable .22 LR out there. Then the public got hold of it and there was not a single positive thing about it, so I scratched it off my want list. Two years later and I see one at the LGS. Without doing any research of the current G44's, I’d hopped that Glock had fixed all the problems and when I held it in my hands, it felt so good that I had to have it. Time will tell. I have about 7 or 8 different .22 LR ammo, some Blazer of which I hear that no one has any problems with it and some Mini-Mags. Weather has prohibited me from shooting it yet. Wind and rain in the foreseeable future, so I have no idea what I’ll get to shoot it.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my G44 about 6 months after they were released.

Mine is reliable but has the “hitting high” issue.

I need to either figure out the correct height front site and order a custom height site from Dawson or dump it and hope I buy one that doesn’t have the issue.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
Mine is reliable but has the “hitting high” issue.
I wasn't aware this was a known issue with these pistols. Has a cause been identified?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I finally got to shoot the G44 today. All I was doing was trying different ammo at a steel target about 25 feet away. Paper target another time. When I was done, I got my G17 out and put some rounds thru it. Felt like a canon after that G44. Kind of what the G17 feels like after shooting my 10mm G20.

I put 10 rounds of each box of ammo thru the gun. Yes, it is ammo sensitive. Kind of a disappointment after reading of those that had no malfunctions. Results below.

Mini-Mags - no problems (I actually found some Mini-Mags online at $0.18 per round. Ouch)!

Federal White Box Auto Match 40 Gr - 1 malfunction

CCI Select 40 Gr. - 5 malfunctions

CCI Standard Velocity 40 Gr. - 1 malfunction

Blazer 40 Gr. - No problems

Federal Premium Target 40 Gr. - 9 malfunctions

Federal Value Pack 36 Gr. - 1 malfunction

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave the G44 to my son. He wanted a .22 to get his girlfriend shooting. Hopefully he enjoys it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Much of the initial complaints were the normal "I hate new shit" people, and the standard, "how come it doesn't come with a 57 round mag?" discussion. There were a few instances of reported cracked slides.

Bought one shortly after they came out, it's been flawless, light, easy to shoot, even bought the threaded barrel so I could run the Buckwheat suppressor, which it does very well, regardless of ammo manufacturer.

It runs great, and the only issue is the round capacity of the mags, ended up buying several extra, I do agree Glock should have been able to get 12 to 15 rounds in the mags easy.

OTOH, having 10 round mags does make you practice mag changes, quite a bit LOL

BTW PSA has the threaded barrel at a discount

Link

BTW Promag has both 18 and 25 round mags, going to order one of each today....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post

Picked one up yesterday. We'll see how it shoots when I get a chance to take it out. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, there are a series of aftermarket slides by Nelson Precision Mfg that are all aluminum and precut for the Trijicon RMR if you are so inclined for $220. Numerous videos on YouTube showing the development/testing of the slides chewing through ammo as they tweaked the design.

In my opinion, this is what Glock should have built to begin with as a companion to their centerfires. Better yet would have been a slide that worked with their existing frames like the CZ Kadet.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we all wanted it to work (and more capacity) and it sounds like with enough aftermarket it can C’E both. I have P226/22, 92D/22, and CZ kadet, all with factory metal lowers, hammer fired, run flawless. When the G44 nut is cracked I may pick one up but not for training. Don’t forget the SW 617. Total fun

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Much of the initial complaints were the normal "I hate new shit" people, and the standard, "how come it doesn't come with a 57 round mag?" discussion. There were a few instances of reported cracked slides.

Bought one shortly after they came out, it's been flawless, light, easy to shoot, even bought the threaded barrel so I could run the Buckwheat suppressor, which it does very well, regardless of ammo manufacturer.

It runs great, and the only issue is the round capacity of the mags, ended up buying several extra, I do agree Glock should have been able to get 12 to 15 rounds in the mags easy.

OTOH, having 10 round mags does make you practice mag changes, quite a bit LOL

BTW PSA has the threaded barrel at a discount

Link

BTW Promag has both 18 and 25 round mags, going to order one of each today....

I agree with that, plus people not lubing them before shooting a brand new pistol. People that actualy own the Glock 44 seem to like them a lot with few exceptions.

I like the innovative slide whith the steel slide rail which should make the Glock 44 a very durable design and last a lot longer than the typical combat style 22 pistols with aluminum slides.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been trouble free. No idea how many rounds through it but it is a bunch.

Tried the pro mags- had zero luck w them.

I take 8 ten round HK lock mags loaded each trip and use as a suppressor host.

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post