SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    22lr semi-autos (my dark asset)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr semi-autos (my dark asset) Login/Join 
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Big rimfire ho here. Great thread. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
About 1968 I lived in the Twin Cities. My Target store in Roseville, MN had a firearms section. One offering was a Beretta .22LR semi-auto. It had an exposed barrel in Beretta fashion. The front of the barrel was held in position by two frame tabs bent over the barrel, one from each side. Its barrel was at least 4 inches long. I should’ve bought one, but didn’t. I don’t remember if it had target sights.

Does anyone else remember that Beretta pistol model?

I do have a Beretta 87 Target. It’s reliable with all ammo, and I get on well with its SAO trigger. It’s not the classic target trigger that most expect in a target pistol, but is very nice in its own way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Of course the answer is a Beretta 87. It’s the best 22 I have ever owned, shot, or handled. There is always a 22 with a better trigger, or more capacity, better sights, more accurate. What I’ve never found is one that is more reliable (Kadet is reliable too), less ammo finicky, or just plain fun.

22’s can seem like toy guns. They can operate and look and feel NOT like centerfires. The 87 looks and feels like a “real” gun just smaller.

Best 22 ever. Go straight there, do not stop at GO.

This post says it all . The 87 is a beauty and flawless.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Life is short... just get the Model 41 and enjoy the hell out of it!

Or you can slow down with a Ruger Single Six Wink

You can also look at getting a S&W 617, can't go wrong with that one Big Grin

Ruger SP101s are out there, you just have to hunt one down.

That .22 Colt King Cobra is singing to me lately!

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do love my SP101. I especially love how my Speed Beez speedloaders work on all my 8 shot 22’s. My S&W J frames and this one. The DA pull won’t win any awards but I do love it. I wish mine had a 3 inch barrel though. That is my 22 sweet spot.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
If we're going to branch into revolvers, then I gotta throw a vote out there for the 63-5. I have a single-six that I really like, but once I bought my 63 it has become my go-to for pest control around the property. It's very accurate and super handy and easy to carry...plus it fits my other J-frame holsters.

Back to the semi-autos, we picked up the blued MkII Target at the top in the photo today for my son. $100 plus a couple of cheap guns that have been collecting dust.

It's a typical MKII...stupid reliable. It was filthy. I don't know if the previous owner ever cleaned it but it still ate 200 rounds without a single hiccup. Trigger is on-par with the one in my stainless, which is excellent. It has a steel frame, but actually weighs about an ounce less than my stainless, even with the longer barrel. He also learned to take it down today, which is a skill that will set him ahead of about 90% of the gun-buying public Big Grin. He's happy and I think it'll be a keeper.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
92fstech, you need to plug that 63 hole. lol

It is easy and you will feel much better about yourself after doing it.

I need a 63.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
92fstech, you need to plug that 63 hole. lol

It is easy and you will feel much better about yourself after doing it.

I need a 63.

I would, but I don't like how most of the options out there don't have a way to replace the flag, and it leaves a big gap beside the hammer. I don't like the idea of the stupid lock, but I've also never had a problem with one, so to-date I've opted to just leave them alone. But I would love to meet the guy at S&W who thought the whole idea up and kick him in the nuts, lol.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Happy owner of the S&W 22Victory. Added some stuff from Tandemkross. It's a tackdriver for sure. Burris Fastfire III, Tandemkross Halo, adjustable trigger and mag release.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice seeing what rimfires you all like because rimfire is what I shoot most of the time now. For whatever reason the one rimfire brand I don't own (pistol or rifle) is Ruger.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a bunch of rimfire handguns from Ruger, Browning, Smith & Wesson, SIG, Charter Arms, Heritage, Bersa, Taurus, NAA, etc. See one of the "etc." below.

Nelson Custom .22 upper on a Springfield Range Officer 1911 lower:

That's a Burris Fastfire III on top. For a small extra charge, Nelson milled the slide so that it could be mounted directly.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought a volquartsen black mamba a few months ago and now she wants to go to the range more than me now! I honestly love that thing too most fun gun I have shot…

Posts: 123 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
All of this talk about .22 rimfires had me head out to my favorite indoor range this past Monday. I took my Ruger MK-II Target and my Winchester 9422 XTR, plus had to put another hundred rounds through my fairly new P365.

Shooting the Ruger handheld at 30' had the RSOs coming over to chat and compliment me on the shooting. I was drilling out the bullseyes on all the targets, and they couldn't believe it was being done with iron sights. I simply told them it was a great pistol and thanked them for the compliment! While it is a bit harder to strip for cleaning than the current MK-IVs, once you figure out how it all works, it really isn't hard at all. The trigger on this one (purchased new by my brother in '91 or '92) is easily of target quality, and I can see zero need for any mods to it. The only change I've made is to replace the stock plastic grips with Ruger's checkered wood target stocks with thumb rest. As "92fstech" stated, it is "stupidly reliable"...

The vintage Winchester (late '70's model) was perfect as usual, and I just love that butter-smooth lever action!

The P365 was 100% also, though it gets a bit uncomfortable after a few mags with 124gr +P ammo... kinda rough on the old hands, and 115gr target ammo is much nicer to play around with! I think I'm probably going to get rid of the 10-round mag as I never use it, and in trying it at the range it's obvious I don't shoot well with it. I just don't like my pinky finger hanging off the bottom of the grip! The 12-round mag is what I carry with and I've never had any issues concealing it, so no need to go any shorter.

Posts: 4590 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
quote:
Of course the answer is a Beretta 87. It’s the best 22 I have ever owned, shot, or handled. There is always a 22 with a better trigger, or more capacity, better sights, more accurate. What I’ve never found is one that is more reliable (Kadet is reliable too), less ammo finicky, or just plain fun.

22’s can seem like toy guns. They can operate and look and feel NOT like centerfires. The 87 looks and feels like a “real” gun just smaller.

Best 22 ever. Go straight there, do not stop at GO.

This post says it all . The 87 is a beauty and flawless.

Agree. I think my 87 is my most satisfying pistol. They are beautiful, well made, and reliable.

I don't have a Smith K-22 Masterpiece, so maybe I'd like one better.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a S&W Model 17 that was bought when I was a teenager. It’s beautiful. It’s classic. It shoots tiny groups. I still prefer my 87.

posted Hide Post
Well, my only 22 semi-auto is a S&W Model 41 that my wife bought me in 1979. I probably haven't shot it since 1983. But is has been well taken care of. Someday soon I hope to take it out again.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Another Standard in the vault ('61). I had to stipulate I wasn't buying it to assassinate someone on the updated form. Red Face Colorado also goes to a 3 day wait on the first. I feel bad for the shop. I'll still make the extra trip if it's worth it. I suppose I'll sell it back to the same shop someday, unless my niece or nephews get the bug. I'm just the curator for now. Wink

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Happy owner of the S&W 22Victory. Added some stuff from Tandemkross. It's a tackdriver for sure. Burris Fastfire III, Tandemkross Halo, adjustable trigger and mag release.
Hah! I just bought the same model, from a SIGforum member. It has the same Burris sight, but none of the TandemKross add-ons.

I was hoping to get it to the range today to try it, that didn't work out. Probably this coming week.

Do you have a holster for yours?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My oldest was itching to shoot his "new" MKII, so today after work I took him and his two younger brothers to the range. We brought the duling tree along and introduced the two younger boys to it. They had an absolute blast.

I brought my MkII along to compare it to his, and I have to say the longer sight radius of his 6" is a slight advantage. I also brought the MkIV, though, and that red dot is just cheating!

posted Hide Post
Choose Volquartsen Black Mamba
Or
Ruger Mark IV
Then
Go to S&W MD41
Or
Revolvers from
S&W
And vintage Colt

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post