SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need Mag Base plate.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Mag Base plate. Login/Join 
posted
I need a base plate for a P229 mag. Anyone have a spare or where I can buy one?

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
You probably need to be more specific.

I think that the Factory P229 magazines have been manufactured by 3 different companies so far. I am positive of 2, Those floor plates are all different.

Then the standard capacity magazines use a different floor plate than the restricted capacity (10 rounds) magazines. Again for each manufacturer

Plus the 9MM magazines us different floor plates on the restricted capacity magazines than the 357/40 magazines and again for each manufacturer

The full capacity magazines should be a common floor plate among all calibers within a specific manufacturer

So there are more than half a dozen different floor plates that might be what you are looking for

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mag is a standard capacity 9mm. Manufacturer is who ever makes the ones that come with the P229 Elite Classic Carry

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is what you're looking for. Plus TGS is a great place to deal with.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...n-p229-.40-12rd.html

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post