SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back into the P365 I go…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back into the P365 I go… Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So, years ago, I got a P365. I struggled with it, and I was so used to Glocks that I just stuck with my 43 and 43X. Now, that they’ve added the 365 to California, I picked up one of the California legal ones. Then, lo and behold, my friend made a trade to me where I ended up with a P365 XL (sadly only 10 round mags…).

What’s your thoughts out there. I like the thinness of the grip, and how tiny the standard P365 is.

Any suggestions on how to set up the XL?

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P365? Pretty sure there have been numerous threads on it. Razz

As to the XL, why not shoot it first, before "setting up" anything. Imo, there's no setting up the P365 necessary. I would just leave it stock. I have a GGI grip module on one, but that’s just because I wanted to see what it was all about, but it wasn't necessary at all.

Q

Posts: 26465 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I changed the gripframe of my 365 standard to an X.

I also added the magazine and the manual safety.

I like it so much more than my Glock 43X.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34134 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've got two of the basic P365. The only thing I've done is add the Talon grips and the Mag-Guts to increase the standard capacity... otherwise, totally stock. Couldn't be more pleased with their performance.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had and sold several 365s. I loved the caliber (9), mag capacity and size.

But I couldn't get the darned things to shoot like I wanted or, more likely, I couldn't shoot the darned things like I wanted to shoot them. So back to Glocks and Shadow Systems.

Then I bought another-told Mrs SS1 I was gonna learn to shoot this as good as my G42/43X and SS CR920 or bust.

I busted!

Then before taking the loss by selling it, I looked at the Wilson Grip Module. Price was good, it came quickly and, IMO, made a serious difference for me in shooting the gun. Was gonna try the Gray Module, too, but just no reason to do so.

My daily carry is now the little P365. But I've kept back one of my CR 920s in case my small amount of "skill" goes south for some reason.

Bob

Posts: 1581 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Bob. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26465 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m not fond of striker fired pistols, preferring DA/SA. After trying my cousin’s P365 I was surprised how light the trigger was compared to the old Glock triggers. I decided to try one at the range and despite it being a tad snappy I liked it. I’m not carrying one everywhere. At times I trade out for my favorite Sphinx Sub for change. Last time at the range we easily hit a can at 25 yards. I’m not overly fond of the sight needing to cover the target.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Q, I'm back among the SigShooters, I guess.

Bob

Posts: 1581 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Dang that’s nice you got a trade to get the XL. I’ve been thinking about getting myself a CA P365, and originally wanted to swap all the parts out to make it an XL but that’d almost be the price of another gun. I’m thinking about getting the 365 and just leaving it as-is, minus the MDM, and eventually adding it to my CCW. I have a FA CA320 with Holosun SCS that I love, but there is something so nice and convenient about a small 9mm that fits in your pocket and some other advantageous places. I’m hoping to hold out awhile and see what the price settles out to.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Dang that’s nice you got a trade to get the XL. I’ve been thinking about getting myself a CA P365, and originally wanted to swap all the parts out to make it an XL but that’d almost be the price of another gun. I’m thinking about getting the 365 and just leaving it as-is, minus the MDM, and eventually adding it to my CCW. I have a FA CA320 with Holosun SCS that I love, but there is something so nice and convenient about a small 9mm that fits in your pocket and some other advantageous places. I’m hoping to hold out awhile and see what the price settles out to.

You won’t be disappointed with the P365. I’m a Dyed in the Wool Glock guy but this is a better CCW.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:

You won’t be disappointed with the P365. I’m a Dyed in the Wool Glock guy but this is a better CCW.

When I, fairly recently, started CCing I carried a Glock 26 for the first 4 years. I still like the little 26, but I like the 320 more, other than size, so 365 definitely sounds like a great choice. It’s exciting seeing some guns being added, but I don’t think I’d pick anything over the 365 so I’m excited to have it available finally.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was late to the P365 show with an X macro first then a regular. Surprised at how well they handle/shoot. Was G43x MOS EDC but now mostly the P365 in rotation.

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a Wilson Combat grip on my standard and XL and can say I like the feel way more on both over the stock grips!

Posts: 124 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the P365. I enjoy shooting it where I never did like the 43, 43X or 48.

I am milking near Glock 19 times out mine.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
I put a Wilson grip frame on mine, too. Turns out I was going the wrong direction. Little girl hands. I put the oe grips back on it. I did add Talons. Well worth the money. Also, I wasn't crazy about the flat trigger, so I put a grayguns adjustable on it. She's a runner, now.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've avoided two finger grip guns forever. They don't fit and feel like I'm going to drop the darn things. Big hands.
So when I put a P365XL into my hands to get a feel I wasn't expecting much. But wow. The XL frame made it just perfect enough that I felt that last finger on the grip and I was hooked.
Today my EDC is the XL, only turning to the HK P30 when I feel the situation may call for a full size gun. Once I get a mag carrier I like for the P365 I'll probably stop with the P30 all together.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a ca p365 and added wilsom combat x grip module, streamlight tlr7 sub, holosun eps carry. I like it a lot. I had a G43x but never cared for it and sold it to someone who loves. Did the same with my G42. I have a G19.3 that I made a few changes to for carry, but it is just too big and I never carry it. Fantastic gun for training classes and range shooting but more than I want to shove down my pants. The p365 just works. Right size, good capacity, and very shootable.
However, my p938 legion is still my favorite to carry. smaller, flatter, and more shootable than the p365. it has a tlr6 which is less capable than the tlr7 but it is useful. p938 falls short in capacity but nothing is perfect I guess.

Posts: 5 | Registered: September 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I got into the 365 and was shooting it ok, but came to the realization I wasn’t shooting it nearly as well as a Glock 19. Started carrying the Glock, then tried the XL frame, followed by the GGI laser sculpted then the Wilson XL frame. The Wilson frame had just enough palm swell to make the grip finally feel like I wasn’t holding a hockey stick. I set out to become proficient and added another XL sized pistol with optic cut (no optic installed) for range use and dry fire practice. I have become proficient and have moved the 365 back into the role of primary CCW. During that time I discovered a CZ PCR w/ Cajun Gun Works Pro kit installed which is the best shooting gun I have ever put in my hands. I am seriously debating a return to DA/SA and the PCR as my primary CCW, but the 365 is so easy to carry.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I never really warmed up to the standard P365. I could shoot it ok, but I had trouble getting a consistent grip on it and the trigger would slap my finger something fierce. A Hogue grip sleeve kinda fixed that, but I ultimately ended up swapping it out for a P320 Subcompact.

There wasn't much in the 365 family that really interested me until they came out with the macro. It's slimmer and lighter than my 320s, but has the same capacity and the ones I've shot have fit my hand very well. If I was just starting out I'd probably get one, but at this point I'm so heavily invested in the 320 platform with mags, holsters, grip modules and whatnot that there isn't enough of a difference there to justify the jump. They're great little guns, though.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 365 tac ops 17 + 1 had a lot to do with it plus I got in on the 3 free mags and it comes with 4, plus night sights, so it's a good deal. I love the way it feels and I shoot it well, so I'm happy with it. I'm a big glock 43x and 48 fan 48 mostly, swore off the 365 but never say never.

Posts: 5603 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post