SIGforum
SP2022 - what happens to it next year????

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7540061184

April 09, 2021, 06:40 PM
Dave Bean
SP2022 - what happens to it next year????
So... the SP2022.. what is going to happen next year?

1. nothing, it will die a progressively slow, unsupported death

2. the 2042 replacement is announced

3. the French retire it and it floods the US market as a police trade-in

For the record, I love the gun but not getting it because it gets only life support from Sig.
April 09, 2021, 06:49 PM
hrcjon
Not to be difficult, but everything sig makes is a few minutes from life support and really non support. Get the consumable parts while you can and enjoy the gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
April 09, 2021, 08:29 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Not to be difficult, but everything sig makes is a few minutes from life support and really non support. Get the consumable parts while you can and enjoy the gun.

Agreed. That the SP2022 has had the kind of life span it has enjoyed so far is atypical of this era of Sig. I doubt we'll see a flood of French police trade-ins for various reasons. With any modern production Sig, if you like it, buy all the parts you think you'll need to keep it running while they're available.

April 09, 2021, 08:35 PM
SigSentry
Unless the French decide to switch to some more local
European manufacturer (insert model here), I'd say nothing is going to happen next year. At most a multi-year phase out with hand me downs going to local departments. I read somewhere they like their SIG Pros. I wouldn't hold your breath on ever seeing them state-side without a lengthy time-out period. They have certainly upgraded from the mini-14 but pistols perhaps have less pressure to be the latest greatest.

Besides Glock, what would an obvious replacement option?

I have a few Wink
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...r-sleeve-sigpro.html
April 09, 2021, 09:08 PM
jljones
Sweet, must be Tuesday.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

April 10, 2021, 01:30 PM
whanson_wi
Well, the first thing that happens is, you start getting these phone calls from some guy named "Peggy" telling you that your extended warranty has expired...

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
April 14, 2021, 12:39 AM
TxRod
I don't know how many parts you will actually need if you get the gun. I've had mine for years and over 5,000 rounds and I've never replaced as much as a spring and it still shoots like new.
April 14, 2021, 01:10 PM
sf192nd
I guess they will start making the 2340 again? Lol
April 14, 2021, 06:09 PM
radioman
quote:
Originally posted by TxRod:
I don't know how many parts you will actually need if you get the gun. I've had mine for years and over 5,000 rounds and I've never replaced as much as a spring and it still shoots like new.

Wait, I thought one had to replace the main-Spring every 3000 to 5000 rounds or you risk cracking the slide.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!