SIGforum
First all nickel sig. A P245

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7530058254

January 31, 2019, 05:41 PM
Blue Dog
First all nickel sig. A P245

Picked up a P245 nickel this week. This makes my third 245. This pistol is not as popular as most but I am a fan of the P245.
January 31, 2019, 05:57 PM
LincolnSixEcho
That’s nice! Congrats and enjoy your new toy!
January 31, 2019, 06:19 PM
pessimist
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
This pistol is not as popular as most but I am a fan of the P245.

I'm a fan as well. I think it's one of the finest compact 45s you can buy. Very underrated.
January 31, 2019, 06:20 PM
A good old German SIG, and in Nickel, too. What's not to like? Cool

Q

January 31, 2019, 09:01 PM
Udo
Congratulations! If I hadn't picked up too many collector items this month, I would have given you a harder run. I know you will enjoy it.
January 31, 2019, 09:32 PM
remsig
That looks awesome Blue Dog!
February 01, 2019, 01:40 AM
inspcalahan
one of the few P series pistols I've wanted but don't have yet. Congrats! That's a superb pistol.
February 01, 2019, 02:03 AM
bolo4tom
nice!! I had one in nickel back in the very early 2000s I think.. I liked the 245 but the grip was a lil small for my hands unfortunately.
February 01, 2019, 07:35 AM
TheGreatGonzo
Until I decided to back out of the .45ACP altogether, the P245 was my regular daily carry. I found it to be the perfect fit for my small hand and very concealable and easy to shoot.

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein
February 01, 2019, 07:51 AM
gearhounds
Congrats on acquiring that beauty.

Until my retarded agency dropped it from the list of acceptable BUG's, I happily carried mine in concert with my P220 for obvious reasons. It is a superb and well balanced little compact .45, possibly the best of its breed. The P220C that replaced it feels like a brick by comparison and I absolutely hate the stupid rail. Completely unnecessary on a weapon of this type.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
February 01, 2019, 07:56 AM
airbubba
congratulations on a nice addition.
February 01, 2019, 10:41 AM
gunnitt
Congratulations. I am curious, is that one of of the "1of75" special custom shop models that came out many years ago? I used to own # 73 of 75 and when my wife had a stroke, and found she needed a heart transplant i had to sell it. They were beautiful.
enjoy
February 01, 2019, 11:35 AM
Blue Dog
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
Congratulations. I am curious, is that one of of the "1of75" special custom shop models that came out many years ago? I used to own # 73 of 75 and when my wife had a stroke, and found she needed a heart transplant i had to sell it. They were beautiful.
enjoy

Not a custom shop and no number on it.
February 03, 2019, 12:30 PM
Les007
That's a great looking pistol!
February 03, 2019, 07:19 PM
rmw
I loved the form factor, but it was the only Sig I had that would jam. I did not keep it.

February 05, 2019, 09:07 AM
cokehockey
That's a beautiful gun. I'd be itching to see how some nice wood grips would look on it. Still waiting to find my first all nickel Sig.
February 05, 2019, 03:19 PM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
enjoy

Not a custom shop and no number on it.

Congrats on your find! Maybe you'll get lucky and run into one of these for P245 #4? I acquired mine when these first came out and am happy with it. In any variation, the P245 is an excellent example of Sig quality.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
February 05, 2019, 06:29 PM
cherokee2u
I have number 32. They are a work of art

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves
February 05, 2019, 07:53 PM
Suppressed
I had forgotten about that model. I wanted one about 15 years ago but for some reason I never acquired it. That’s a nice looking pistol!
February 06, 2019, 11:27 AM
donklekins
couldn't get my hands on a 245 but I did manage a 220 compact SAS.

You get about what you pay for in this world, be it guns, autos, whiskey or clothes. Start with the best gun you can afford.
- Elmer Keith