Removed Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4459 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 Compact immediately comes to mind and price is pretty good too. If she has not had any one on one instruction from a professional pistol trainer I would highly recommend that too. Many ranges offer such at very reasonable rates and IMO is money well spent. Nothing wrong with starting her out with a .22 pistol for a while either. M&P .22 Compact is excellent also to learn on and also has a safety.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
+1 on the 2.0 M&P.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a p320 Compact with manual safety? I like mine and will be keeping it around for awhile. I run it with a flat trigger and Trijicon HDXR’s. The M&P 2.0 with 3.6” barrel and manual safety looks nice too. I like the M&P ergos better than the p320’s.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 compact

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
M&P and P320 seem to be the best options, as others have stated.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I know you didn't ask for it, but the S&W 380EZ sounds like it was built for her.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

EDIT: Of note, the pistol she was the best shot with was the Beretta, when firing single action only. She said the grip angle (traditional grip angle) worked best for her. She didn't especially like the grip angle of the Shield. I don't own any S&W's, but I assume they all have the same grip angle (similar to Glocks)?

IMO a brand new pistol shooter complaining about "grip angle" needs a lot more training in the basics including stance and grip.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P9C 1.0

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
AZULA leather pancake holster.

EDIT: Of note, the pistol she was the best shot with was the Beretta, when firing single action only. She said the grip angle (traditional grip angle) worked best for her. She didn't especially like the grip angle of the Shield. I don't own any S&W's, but I assume they all have the same grip angle (similar to Glocks)?

IMO a brand new pistol shooter complaining about "grip angle" needs a lot more training in the basics including stance and grip.

Sure, more training is always better, but I'd not discount a lady's first impression of a handgun. In my limited experience I've found ladies are often a) incredibly good shots, naturally, and 2) correctly in-tune with what their body is saying "will work for me".

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
I know you didn't ask for it, but the S&W 380EZ sounds like it was built for her.

THIS^^^

And .380 technically *is* a 9mm so you aren't wrong there.

Posts: 33839 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
AZULA leather pancake holster.

Sure, more training is always better, but I'd not discount a lady's first impression of a handgun. In my limited experience I've found ladies are often a) incredibly good shots, naturally, and 2) correctly in-tune with what their body is saying "will work for me".

It is difficult to asses what works for one or not if they don't have good basics of stance, grip, sight acquisition, and trigger control and that all assumes flinch/recoil anticipation is not a problem. I have witnessed many times very poor shooting at the range from both sexes and the range of excuses given is amusing. I am not saying that is the case in this situation but it should definitely be considered that lack of training/non optimal technique could be a possibility before automatically ruling out the pistol itself as the problem.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The Shield and M&P 1.0/2.0 have a grip angle very comparable to SIG, Beretta, and HK. Possibly the way she was gripping the Shield caused her to experience what she did with the point if aim. The M&P 2.0 also comes with 4 grip insets to help customize the grip to best fit a shooters hands/fingers.