SIGforum
Ruger releasing 7-shot versions of the GP100

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7510023434

December 10, 2017, 11:23 PM
P220 Smudge
Ruger releasing 7-shot versions of the GP100
You know, for all the "Well, I would be interested if it was a ________" posters, have you considered that the groundwork for those variants is now laid in a reasonably solid choice for a market entrant in the GP100? Who's to say those variants you're imagining aren't next on their list?

December 11, 2017, 10:44 PM
RNshooter
As my mother would say: "From your lips to God's ears!" Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken
December 12, 2017, 08:35 AM
Rolan_Kraps
What I want is a LCRx 3" in .357

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
December 12, 2017, 08:58 AM
soggy_spinout
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You know, for all the "Well, I would be interested if it was a ________" posters, have you considered that the groundwork for those variants is now laid in a reasonably solid choice for a market entrant in the GP100? Who's to say those variants you're imagining aren't next on their list?

But of course. Ruger isn't any less shy than say, SIG Sauer, in doing many, many variations of its popular models. And I have the feeling that the 7-round GP100 will likely supplant the 6-round guns, just like how that config has pretty much happened with the core versions of the S&W 686. Though I've ordered in both the 2.5" (though honestly, this one makes little sense to me given how great the 3" config has been for previous GPs) and 4.2" for the shop, the one I still lust for is one with the 5" barrel. Two years of living with my 5" 6-rounder has convinced me that it's THE ideal 357MAG barrel length for me.

Now Ruger just needs to make it happen.
December 12, 2017, 09:16 AM
Tommydogg
I didn't think I was going to "need" another gun this year!

Beth Greene
December 14, 2017, 05:03 PM
VictorLouis
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

The frames look MUCH beefier than the 6-shot versions.

I just fondled one yesterday, and that same thing occurred to me. However, I wasn't bright enough to ask for a standard GP to compare it with, LOL. They had plenty on-hand.
December 14, 2017, 07:06 PM
parabellum
VictorLouis, where have you been for the past 15 years?
December 14, 2017, 07:23 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Stranger:
This is a seven-shot six-shooter, and I had it especially made.

Big Grin

Villain, 1979

God bless America.
December 14, 2017, 08:04 PM
Edmond
I'll wait and see what they're selling for at the stores. That 4.2" would make for a nice addition for me.

December 14, 2017, 09:56 PM
cslinger
I want the 2.5 inch. Cuz.....cuz....well reasons. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
December 15, 2017, 08:26 PM
ubelongoutside
I would be happy with a 5 shot if I could get one chambered in .44 magnum...

December 15, 2017, 08:55 PM
apprentice
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
I would be happy with a 5 shot if I could get one chambered in .44 magnum...

This makes more sense to me as well.
December 16, 2017, 01:58 PM
Tommydogg
Any body have one yet? I can neither confirm nor deny that I ordered one!

Beth Greene
December 16, 2017, 02:14 PM
pedropcola
This thread makes me want to buy an 8 shot Redhawk. lol
December 16, 2017, 02:25 PM
BucFan
Definitely interested in the 7 shot GP100. Have come close to purchasing the 686-7 a few times, but would like to stick with Ruger to go with my SP101.

A 3" Wiley Clapp with their sights and I'll get one for sure

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
December 16, 2017, 03:31 PM
rat2306
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
Definitely interested in the 7 shot GP100. Have come close to purchasing the 686-7 a few times, but would like to stick with Ruger to go with my SP101.

A 3" Wiley Clapp with their sights and I'll get one for sure

A 3" could entice me also. 2.5", I'll stick with my old S&W 19.
December 16, 2017, 05:41 PM
longjohn
They just announced a 7 shot GP 100 in .327 Federal as well. This is a homerun in my opinion