SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot a P250 for the first time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot a P250 for the first time Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
really liked it. Amazingly smooth and light DA. I shoot revolvers and DA/SA pistols a lot so this was natural for me. Felt great, shot great. I think for bedside or defensive use that would be a great choice. For super-quick double-taps in competition... not so much. LOL

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
When I get to the point of buying again, I intend to get at least one P250.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P250 is not a gaming gun, but it meets all of my requirements for a defensive pistol.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If you shoot it a bit, it's a smooth and light double action. Shoot a couple of hundred rounds once or twice a week for three or four weeks...and you may be amazed at how comfortable you are and how much control you have over the DA trigger on a 22X.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
When the P250 first came out I thought "Who wants a DAO gun? Yuck!!". I had had a S&W 5946 (I think that's the model) that was DAO and it kind of sucked so I got rid of it.

A couple years ago a LGS got a used P250 in so I asked to see it, I had never actually seen one in person. OMG the trigger was awesome!!! Long story short, I now how a P250 Compact 9nn AND a P250 Full size 45ACP Caliber Xchange kit.

No, the P250 is NOT a gaming gun. I've shot it at some local GSSF style matches and I am slower with it than with a striker fired gun or even a DA/SA. BUT not that much slower.

For a defensive gun I prefer a gun without a safety but with a DA first shot, it's just what I'm comfortable with. I would use a SAO or striker fired gun if I didn't have the option of a DA first shot gun.

The trigger on the P250 is better than any other DA trigger pull I've felt in any gun and that includes custom Colt and S&W revolvers. It's butter smooth and consistent through the whole pull. This thing is basically a 15 shot revolver.

There are a lot of overlooked, underrated guns out there and the P250 is definitely one of them.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the P250C. My first striker fired pistol was a P320c and while I loved everything about it, I too prefer the DA first pull as a good safety feature, so I sold it and picked up a P250c. It doesnt take much practice to get used to the trigger.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I was very critical of the 250 for a long time until I shot it enough to get used to it.

It's like a DAO revolver to me now and I feel it's safer than a striker fired pistol as you really have to put effort into pulling the trigger.

Not that it is hard to pull, it's actually smooth, but it isn't like a Glock where you can truly accidentally set it off with a bit of unintentional pressure.

It's the only slide gun in my home that has one in the chamber.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I posted a picture on this forum a few years ago of a bullseye target that was shot at 25 yards. I fired 10 rounds at it slow fire. Six of the rounds were touching center of mass. I gave away something to the right person who guess which pistol I did it with. No one guessed correctly. It was the 250.

It is a gun that is absolutely awesome. You just won't shoot it very fast.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Picked up a full size P250 prior to the election. First time I took it to the range I was surprised how accurate it was and how comfortable it was to to shoot. I was more accurate with it than I am with my beloved P220. It is now my go to gun for defense at home and on the road.

Posts: 5695 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ssssshhh..... One of Sigs best kept secrets!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They really are a neat gun. I was amazed at how good the trigger pull was.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought my first one six years ago I heard many people say horrible things about them. I liked the first one a lot and I'm not an expert so I got some more.

Now that most of them are discontinued I feel like we're having a wake.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sad that this concept got discontinued. I mean, the P320 came from it so...yay? But, no reason to discontinue it.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littlepoison
posted Hide Post
I thought I remembered Caleb Giddings getting IDPA Master with a P250, but I couldn't find any proof during a quick google search. He did compete with the P250 for a while.

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you care, Cabela's still has some in stock. I picked up one there a couple of weeks ago, a subcompact, for 399 and used a couple of gift cards up. I do love the 250, but the 320 is great, too. I just wish I'd bought more magazines when everyone though they sucked and they were 15 bucks apiece.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I have a 250sc that I keep in my car in a holster. Plenty of rounds and I could pocket it if I had to. Oh and I get plenty of trigger control practice when I take that DAO puppy to the range.

My sons are early 20s. They don't shoot/drill/practice as much as I do, so I strongly encourage them to carry DAO if they are going to carry. How do I have so much influence over their decision of what to carry? I gave both of them DAO guns to carry (P9 and 250sc). Remember when you were 22 and didn't have a pot to piss in? Wink

They'll be better shooters for it one day. Long live the 250.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
They use 320 mags, right?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yup. Have a 320sc also and they are interchangeable.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fallenangelhim:
It is sad that this concept got discontinued. I mean, the P320 came from it so...yay? But, no reason to discontinue it.

I'm with you, but I'd point out that it seemed to have taken the French to save the 2022. Sometimes the only thing you can do is buy them on sale, buy any spare parts you think you might need, and be glad that you (at least) knew to do so.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Academy Sports also has the P250c 9mm on their website. Listed at $399.
Inventory appears to be getting thin, though.

Love my P250c. Still shoot it the best out of all my handguns. If I had to pick one gun that's reliable and I can shoot it well, no matter the situation, it would be the P250c.

(Working on my DA/SA skills with the P239 and the M11-A1.)

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post