SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365-380 Break In ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365-380 Break In ? Login/Join 
posted
I keep reading comments saying great pistol. No problems. Mine was okay with FMJ range ammo but would stovepipe hollow point ammo. Just came back from my 3rd range session (about 150 rounds total) and had no problems. It will take a couple more before I trust it. I recently bought a 322 and had issues with it too at first. The range guy told me clean it, lube it and shoot it. Both pistols were cleaned and lubed right out the box. Just wondering if others had issues or were truly ok out thebox.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about the .380, but my 9mm P365 had a couple of RTB problems in the first 50 rounds. Only occurred when releasing the slide on a fresh magazine, not while firing. But it cleared up and I’ve had no problems since. I didn’t clean and lube before the first range trip, which probably contributed to the issue. The magazine springs were also initially very strong. I think for some 365s, it just takes a few rounds to get the components to mesh.

Posts: 60 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Have one in .380 and I've had no failures with either FMJ or HP's. Have around 500 rounds through it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem with my 365/380 with ball ammo or defensive rounds. All I did was clean and lube after a few hundred round intervals. You'll be fine.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post