SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 X Macro question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 X Macro question. Login/Join 
posted
Hello y’all,

Just bought a X Macro. Didn’t notice this at the gun shop, but after looking at the gun when I got home, I noticed the slide takedown lever has a different color than the rest of the gun. It isn’t rust, but has a different hue. Is this normal? Not a big deal, but it seems off. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: The Free State of Florida | Registered: October 23, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks fine to me. Welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers often finish different alloys in different ways, and sometimes different alloys even take the same finish differently. The slide of the P365 is stainless steel, but I doubt that the takedown lever is made of the same alloy. I have never paid particular attention to such things, but I looked at my P365 just now and my slide and controls look similar to yours as they appear in the photo.

And just wait if you decide to carry your pistol in a Kydex holster and the finish quickly wears off the takedown lever, slide catch lever, and (if your gun had one) the safety lever. Wink

The last time I heard SIG stainless slides are finished in Nitron which is extremely durable and wear-resistant. The controls evidently are not.

And yes, welcome to the forum.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't look like that, but I don't think I would've noticed had it been like yours either.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies!

Glad to be here. Smile

Posts: 2 | Location: The Free State of Florida | Registered: October 23, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your X-Macro Purchase and welcome to the forum! Mine looks like yours and like Sigfreund said, it'll start to wear pretty quick.

P.S. Your picture caused me to order a TLR-7A and new holster for my Macro.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wacopolumbo,

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post