SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 RMR screw size?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 RMR screw size? Login/Join 
posted
I trying to mount actually a Holosun 508T X2 to my 320 Spectre comp and I can't find any info on what are the correct screws to use. can someone tell me the correct size and a possible source to order from?, thanks for your help.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
An RMR will not direct mount to a 320 slide. You have to get an adapter plate. Whichever plate you use will likely have advice on screw size.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newer production X5 Legion and the Spectre comp have RMR footprint.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
CH precision has the correct screws.

https://chpws.com/product/sig-...or-holosun-trijicon/

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
An RMR will not direct mount to a 320 slide. You have to get an adapter plate. Whichever plate you use will likely have advice on screw size.

The PRO / R2 cut includes two sets of holes, one for the R1P/DPP and the other for the RMR/SRO/Holosun footprint. This cut was developed for SIG’s submission for the US CBP/BP contract. The ability to accommodate those two footprints was a CBP requirement.

My recent production AXG PRO has the new dusk mount footprint.

If one chooses to direct mount an RMR etc you don’t get the recoil bosses so some people are choosing to use a plate instead of direct mounting. I believe both Springer and C&H make such plates.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just got the screws and mounted the 508T, it seems pretty solid and quite of bit of thread is engaging. I cleaned it and got some blue Loctite on the screws, will test tomorrow but so far I like it a lot.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, learning this, I guess I have no choice but to pick up an AXG.

Not fitting a RMR was my only gripe

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But why in hell use a different thread than every single other RMR pattern sight and mount? Sig just makes no sense sometimes.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what is the screw size? an where can I get them

Posts: 28 | Location: Naples Fl | Registered: January 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RMR holes in Sig slides are threaded for 6-40. Screws included with the RMR from Trijicon, screws for Holosun, and screws from almost every retail hardware store are 6-32. Bought mine from Grainger.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a bag from McMaster Carr. Parts number 91253A162
Now I have a life time supply.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I bought a bag from McMaster Carr. Parts number 91253A162
Now I have a life time supply.

did you have to shorten one of them?

Posts: 28 | Location: Naples Fl | Registered: January 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
jsjac

the screw listed above enters the channel for the extractor rod and is too long it and will not allow the rod to be installed or removed

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coldair:
quote:
jsjac

the screw listed above enters the channel for the extractor rod and is too long it and will not allow the rod to be installed or removed

https://chpws.com/product/sig-...or-holosun-trijicon/

this are the proper screws, I mounted my Holosun 508T with no issues.