SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has Bruce Gray commented on the P365 yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Bruce Gray commented on the P365 yet? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
I've been following the P365 threads fairly closely. I don't remember Bruce Gray talking about the new gun. Did I just miss it, or has he not checked in?

I'd love to get his perspective on the design, and some of the issues that have popped up, especially because of his inside knowledge of SIG.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've wondered if Bruce played any part in the R&D of the P365...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce Gray be like

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you look at Grayguns' FB page, they have posted pictures of in-development triggers, textured grip modules, and holsters. I don't know if he had a hand in designing it, but he really seems to like it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigforum, 2018 Shot Show, pg 4 Bruce Gray interview

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think I saw that when it came out. I was thinking more in terms of his thinking on the newer issues. The primer smearing / striker breakage issues may go to basic design. I'd like to hear, given his experience, if he thinks that's something that can be dialed out. I'd also like to hear what he has to say about the dead trigger issue.

posted Hide Post
Oh okay. yea, I'm curious​ about that as well.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of complaints on other forums of strikers breaking.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this. Just go to the last 3/4mins

https://youtu.be/BYCCQjx0M8M

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There appears to be an increasing number of reports of not only striker issues, but the "dead trigger" issue as well. We've seen several on this forum already.

One ought to be able to put an adequate number of rounds downrange to establish functionality, and then carry with confidence. This does not appear to be a safe course of action with the P365.

Recently a Sig representative posted here to assure everyone that a few isolated cases had occurred, and quoted statistics to demonstrate that the possibility of this occurring are so minimal as to be inconsequential. I do not believe this to be the case, and in my opinion this is an attempted whitewash like Sig did before they were forced to address the drop issue with their "upgrade."

Equally as disturbing as releasing a pistol that isn't ready, is the pattern of denial. The poster in the video above noted that despite having nearly a thousand arounds through his pistol, and despite being prepared to leave the range that day with the pistol on his person for defense, had he been seven rounds into his first magazine, he would have been holding a completely disabled pistol. That this keeps occurring and that Sig is still quiet on the matter is a very, very serious concern.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is why I wanted Bruce's take on it. I'm guessing the trigger issue is a production problem with a part. I figure that SIG can fix this fairly easily.

The striker issue I'm not so sure about. That may be a design flaw with the geometry / timing of the striker. That may need a bigger redesign.

When this gun first came out, I (and several others) said that maybe it should be out six month to a year before someone should consider purchasing it. Recent events suggest that would still be a good idea.

posted Hide Post
There was a thread in one of the FB pages recently where someone fired 5 rounds through a few comparable sized popular micro pistols. Everyone of them had firing pin drag on the primers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6229 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thousands of rounds thru my GLOCK 42- still goes bang

posted Hide Post
Wait a minute. You are carrying a .380 ? I thought you were a dyed in the wool 45 acp guy?

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Watch the new Military Arms Channel video on the P365. He does this. None of the others have any appreciable firing pin drag.

quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
There was a thread in one of the FB pages recently where someone fired 5 rounds through a few comparable sized popular micro pistols. Everyone of them had firing pin drag on the primers