SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about Berretta 92 "Grip Screws"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Berretta 92 "Grip Screws" Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Does the Berretta 92 have different grip screw locations.

A few months ago I bought a set of used Crimson Trace laser grips from a guy on a forum... with the intent of giving them to a friend who has a Berretta 92 (actually a Berretta 92FS compact L) seems the grips don't fit the lower screw hole is about an 8th of an inch off...

I'm presuming the 'compact' version must have a smaller grip than the standard... I'm really not familiar with this pistol this compact version sure looks full-sized to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, compacts have a shorter grip, and different grip screw locations.

Full sized grips won’t fit compacts.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Kind of why they are called compacts.

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please title your thread more accurately. Example: "beretta 92 grip screws."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Fixed the title and I have to admit that while I was posting and looking at the pistol I kind of figured that's what the deal was.. that the compact's grip was slightly different... did not realize this was a compact until I got it home. Sure is a big pistol to be called a compact in my opinion. The interesting thing is the hole for the screw on the Crimson Trace grip is not 'shorter' but just slight more to the rear.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post