SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ(s) to me (Scorpion Micro and P10F)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ(s) to me (Scorpion Micro and P10F) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
Keep an eye on the thread protector under the flash hider on that scorpion! They back off, and the flash hider keeps it from falling off, but you will get bullet strikes, bad groups if you don’t catch it. Oh, nice CZs!!

Interesting...I thought the flash hider/compensator was the thread protector. I haven't take it off, but I'll have to check it now. Thanks.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up just leaving mine off. The FH protects the threads just fine. I bought my Scorpion used, it did not hit a paper plate at 50yrds, then at 25yrds I got a terrible group, then I decided to check the crown. That’s when I found the muzzle but free ballin inside the flash hider!! I called the previous owner and asked him how it grouped, he finally admitted not worth a crap! I told him thanks for the lemon, never did tell him the simple fix lol!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked my Scorpion Micro. It only has a compensator threaded on the end of the barrel, no thread protector in there. I can clearly look through the compensator and see the crown of the barrel, and can see the threads of the compensator threading on to the barrel itself.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Just checked my Scorpion Micro. It only has a compensator threaded on the end of the barrel, no thread protector in there. I can clearly look through the compensator and see the crown of the barrel, and can see the threads of the compensator threading on to the barrel itself.

Clearly different then the Pistol where the barrel has threads with a nut, and the hand guard nut has the threads for the sheet metal flash hider. Sorry for the false alarm...

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem. Now I just need somebody to tell me how to keep the slide stop spring from falling off the ledge of the slide stop on my P10F!