SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New bedside gun.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New bedside gun. Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

Pretty sure my choices are borrow down to:
G17...... buy it this weekend
Then
P226 legion SAO RX..... on layaway for next month.

Big Grin

Nailed it!!!! LOL good one

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Well if you like to have the edge, your bedside gun should be a long gun. Backed up by a high capacity pistol. Both with mounted weapon lights.

The weapon doesnt matter, as long as you are familiar with them and good with them.

For me, I like an AR15 and a 17 shot 9MM. Sometimes a Benelli M2 Tactical and a 17 shot 9MM.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a USP 9mm Tac as my bedside gun

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
I voted H&K USP as that is what I am currently using as mine.....

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty sure my choices are borrow down toG17Or P226 legion SAO RX

Which one would you rather have locked up in an evidence locker/room for the next two years or more if you use it?

ETA: IMO the "no safety" is negated by using a proper holster. If I'm awake enough to unholster the gun, I'm awake enough to hold it without my finger on the trigger.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retpd:

That is what I am currently using. Though mine has the light laser combo, Jet funnel, and 17 round mags

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Pretty sure my choices are borrow down toG17Or P226 legion SAO RX

Which one would you rather have locked up in an evidence locker/room for the next two years or more if you use it?

ETA: IMO the "no safety" is negated by using a proper holster. If I'm awake enough to unholster the gun, I'm awake enough to hold it without my finger on the trigger.

Honestly I can’t stand the silly “evidence room” argument.

1) I have made it 36 years on earth with out shooting anyone yet
2) heaven forbid I have a home invasion and need to shoot someone the last thing on my mind will be dang, I should have bought a $500 cheaper gun.....

It’s just silly.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retpd:

The USP really is such a beastly looking hand gun!!!

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Go with what you carry. Practice with the light on the gun. Familiarity is your friend under stress in the dark

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I am rather "old school" for my beside handgun. I have a S&W M625 "Model of 1988" with CT grips. While my semi-autos are reliable (or I would not have them) I like the 45acp wheel gun with three extra full moon clips.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
G17 Gen 5 with some type of Surefire light would be my choice.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Well, as appealing as the Sig p226 SAO feels, I have decided on the rational decesion.

Probably going to get a gen 5 G17 or maybe a 19x. Nights sights, weapon light and done. I shoot mainly a walther PPS and G19 as it is and there is no reason to mix in other non familiar manual of arms at this point etc.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s just silly.

Maybe you make more than I do.
I could buy 5 Glocks for the work I have in my Gold Cup. It stays in the safe.

--------

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, as appealing as the Sig p226 SAO feels, I have decided on the rational decesion.
Probably going to get a gen 5 G17 or maybe a 19x. Nights sights, weapon light and done. I shoot mainly a walther PPS and G19 as it is and there is no reason to mix in other non familiar manual of arms at this point etc.

No reason to change if you already shoot a Glock. Smile
(my gen5 17 should ship out Tuesday to my FFL)

--------

Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
<insert your favorite> 1911

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Gen 5 Glock 17; but was wondering if you weren't opposed to a manual safety, why the S&W M&P wasn't an option.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The G17 is my choice, a third gen loaded with eighteen Speer 124 grain +P Gold Dots, with a Surefire X300 mounted.

But you can't go wrong with the superb P226. If I were more tolerant of DA/SA, I might choose the 226 for house duty.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My bedside gun is also a Gen 3 G17, with a Streamlight M6, and it sits ready to go in one of these.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

1) I have made it 36 years on earth with out shooting anyone yet
2) heaven forbid I have a home invasion and need to shoot someone the last thing on my mind will be dang, I should have bought a $500 cheaper gun.....

It’s just silly.
I have to agree with you there.

If you survive a deadly encounter, you really aren't going to care about the weapon used.

G19.4 with XC1, same as my carry, since it is my carry gun too.

Easy to holster when I put on my pants, since I carry it all the time. Reload already on my belt. Tac flashlight already in my pocket, since it's always there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
A lot of states have Castle/Stand Your Ground laws. If the weapon is used in a home invasion and the shooting is righteous, I doubt that the weapon would end up in an evidence locker.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post