SIGforum
Canik mags work in P226

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7350031544

July 31, 2018, 04:30 PM
1KPerDay
Canik mags work in P226
Not sure if this is common knowledge but I shot a match with a guy running a Canik TP9 with factory 20-round mags and at some point a helpful gent picked up one of his Canik mags and gave it to me thinking it was one of my 20-round P226 9mm mags. They look identical other than the Canik has witness holes all along the back. Anyway I used it for the rest of the day and don't notice until I got home and was unpacking. I'll get it back to him obviously but just FYI. Slide locked open empty and everything.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
July 31, 2018, 04:38 PM
arcwelder
Hell, now we need to know which guns work with which mags. I'm just curious to see how many mags will work in a given firearm.

Think of the possibilities!

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

July 31, 2018, 05:00 PM
Fredward
226 mags, at least in 9mm, work in the Taurus G2 and G2c.
July 31, 2018, 11:56 PM
iron chef
Canik TP9 mags work in Walther 9mm PPQs as long as the bottom of the Walther grip doesn't interfere w/ the Canik base plate. Makes sense, since the TP9 series is largely influenced by Walther's.
August 01, 2018, 09:35 AM
JBird679
This is pretty awesome, lol.

If you can really use TP9 20rd mags in a Canik, a P226, a Taurus G2, and a PPQ... these mags might be more universal than Glock mags!
August 01, 2018, 10:30 AM
soggy_spinout
Certainly this makes life a bit easier over at Mec-Gar.
August 02, 2018, 07:15 AM
iron chef
I have a W German 226. I inserted a TP9 mag, and while the mag catch slot matched up, it would not hold the slide back. After that, I didn't bother to check how it fed. YMMV.
August 02, 2018, 11:31 AM
xl_target
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Not sure if this is common knowledge but I shot a match with a guy running a Canik TP9 with factory 20-round mags and at some point a helpful gent picked up one of his Canik mags and gave it to me thinking it was one of my 20-round P226 9mm mags. They look identical other than the Canik has witness holes all along the back. Anyway I used it for the rest of the day and don't notice until I got home and was unpacking. I'll get it back to him obviously but just FYI. Slide locked open empty and everything.

The Canik 20 round TP9SFX mags are $29.99 and they are made by Mec Gar.
I compete with it weekly and I've never had any issues with my TP9SFX or the mags.
Nice to know that they will fit a 226
August 02, 2018, 07:32 PM
JaysGone
I took a 31 round mag for a Berretta P4 or a P96 I forget.?? In 40 S&W and made it fit my Canik. I had to file in for the mag release buttons different place. It does work in the Canik and also my Hi-Power in 40 S&W. I just put it in my PPQ-SC and............... if I push the mag release button it seats and works!!!! Ejected and feeds 9mm dummy rounds well.