SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vendor won't ship a legal magazine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vendor won't ship a legal magazine? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted
I live in Pueblo, Colorado. I was looking at a spare magazine for my carry gun an HK P30 sk. I wanted one with the pinky extender thingy. 13 round magazine which is legal in Colorado. C.R.S. 18-12-301 states nothing holding more than 15 rounds is banned. So what am I missing?

Posts: 7538 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Their business policy not to ship to commie state? Sucks, but nothing you can do about it.

Q

Posts: 26433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
C.R.S. 18-12-301 states nothing holding more than 15 rounds is banned. So what am I missing?

Well, right out of the gate, your stated interpretation of the referenced statute is NOT correct! Wink

That said, often times vendors just aren't willing to take a chance in states that have Bullshit Anti-2A Laws, especially considering some states do NOT have State Preemption Laws, which restrict local jurisdictions from enacting laws/ordinances that are more restrictive the the state law.

Simply stated, for many vendors, doing business in a Ban/Commie States is NOT worth the hassle and/or liability! It is what it is....You need to either find another vendor, or move to a Free State! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Colt carbine from CDNN after passage of the magazine capacity infringement but before the effective date, and they refused to include the supplied factory 30-round magazine.

And yes, some companies announced that they wouldn’t do certain types of business with “ban” states—as if someone attempting to order from them had supported the state’s action.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I certainly didn't support any of it. I can understand a company moving out of a "commie" state, but refusing to do business with an individual inside that state seems a bit extreme if the item is legal inside that state.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I certainly didn't support any of it. I can understand a company moving out of a "commie" state, but refusing to do business with an individual inside that state seems a bit extreme if the item is legal inside that state.

I'm in WA and now some vendors won't ship P80 kits to WA because the ghost gun law is vague enough to scare them off.

So you make do.
Find a vendor that will ship.
And when you do, you don't buy just one mag.
No one does that.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

As mentioned before they just don't want to take the risk which could put someone out of business by having to pay legal fees defending their business. Perhaps you can find what you need locally.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not trying to break the law but if the original posters point is true why not just find a friend in a 'free' state to buy the magazine and then mail it to him?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the mags with the extensions are difficult to find. I waited a long time for H&K to just get the pinkeye extensions in stock.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, that’s life in a ban state. I can appreciate the fact that sellers shouldn’t have to know the laws of every state.

When buying firearms, I’ve had pretty good luck explaining to them that either the item is compliant or if it has the dreaded high cap mags, that my dealer can receive it, but, can’t release the mags to me.

I’ve had some state that they don’t care about the laws and they won’t sell because the state is anti-2A, period. Of course, it’s their prerogative.

Sig is actually the only company I have an issue with. They won’t sell state compliant mags direct, although every other OEM seems to with no issue. This is not a big deal since I can usually find them cheaper, however, their policy of requiring warranty work to be sent through a dealer is a pain in the ass.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

Many commie states have laws that vary by city or county. Those laws can change frequently in each jurisdiction. A seller in another state may feel it's not worth it to have an employee research each sale in your state to sell a $20 or $30 item or take a chance on legal sanction.
I've found that living in a state with consistent and reasonable gun laws, enforced by statute, has a lot of other benefits for my freedoms outside of just firearms law.
The state guns laws are a reflection of your governments attitude towards many other things too.

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post