SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    9mm Revolvers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Revolvers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
No one has mentioned Charter Arms.

They make 9mm & 40 SW revolvers that do not need moon clips. Also in 45acp.

The first Charter Arms 9mm revolvers were 6 shot, after a short production run, they were changed to 5 shots, which they are currently.

You know, they've made at least a couple of runs of stainless steel 9mm "target" revolvers with six-inch barrels. I have no idea what it's particularly good for, I have no idea what I'd actually do with it, and I am a bit leery of the brand. However, they do still pop up on the online auction sites from time to time, and they do appeal to that side of me that likes oddballs, so who knows?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Il Cattivo, I use my S&W 929 for bowling pin matches. 8 shot moon clips act like speedloaders. As usual the problem with the formula is the connection between the trigger and the ground.

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I'd be willing to bet that the 929 is heavier and has a higher capacity than the 5-shot, no-lug 6" Charter Arms. This truly is a pistol whose existence is hard to explain.

http://charterfirearms.com/products/model-79960

The only thing it really brings to mind for me is some of the long-barreled single shot pistols that gentlemen reportedly stuffed in their boots when traveling - back around the start of the 19th Century.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post