SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Auction thread for the one-of-a-kind SIG Sauer Pistol, PROTO-1 (aka the P226 Compact Prototype)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Auction thread for the one-of-a-kind SIG Sauer Pistol, PROTO-1 (aka the P226 Compact Prototype) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
As previously announced >HERE<. All the particulars may be found in that thread.

The auction will run for three weeks. For the first 19 days of the auction, bidding will be in 50.00 increments, with a starting price of 2600.00. No leaps beyond 50.00 in a bid: First bid, 2650, next bid, 2700, and so forth. A member may bid as many times as they desire.

In the last two days of the auction, unlimited bidding will be allowed. That is to say, members may bid in excess of 50.00 increments with whatever bid amount they desire. We're doing it this way to avoid having a huge bid dropped on the first day of the auction, and then having the auction sit for three weeks with no further bids. So, beginning August 4, unlimited bidding will be permitted. As stated in the linked thread, if there are any bids in the last 15 minutes of the auction, it will be extended by 15 minutes.

Because of the unique nature of this item and its value to advanced SIG collectors, bidding will be open to new members who register within the first 10 days of the auction. This means you must be registered before Midnight Eastern Time on July 26.

If you are registering in this forum with the intent of bidding on this pistol, you must contact me via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and advise me of your intent.

When you register, you must include your full name, your city and state, and a valid contact phone number. When I contact you, you must be able to provide a Gunbroker ID and any other gun forum references you can, as well as a copy of your valid drivers license. You will then be vetted to make sure I don't have trolls wasting my time. All provided information will remain with me alone, accessible by no one else. If you are unwilling to provide the requested information and perhaps take five minutes for a phone call, please do not bother.

This thread is for auction bids only. If your are not bidding, please refrain from commenting in this thread. However, please feel free to discuss the auction and make any other comments in the thread linked to at the top of this post.

Lastly, I wish to express my gratitude to forum member 12131- not just for this exceedingly generous gift, but for all the exceedingly generous gifts he has given to the members of this forum through his many karmas. I am unable to adequately express by heartfelt thanks for all of it and I know that many members here feel the same. Thank you, Q, very much. Smile

Thanks to all who make this forum what it is, and good luck to those who bid on this unique and fascinating piece of SIG-Sauer history.

The auction is now open for bidding.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I will start the bidding at $2,600.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I iwll be the first bumper @ $2,650.

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
$2700.00 for me please.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$2750

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2800 please

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
$2,850.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Not at my limit yet, $2,900.00.

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Drat, what a lousy time to live in a commie state! Best wishes and good luck to all eligible to bid. Q, your generosity never ceases to amaze sir!!!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bid of $2950.00 for me.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I just want to say I put a bid on it. Let's bump it up to $3,000.00

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
$3050

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3100

Posts: 158 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
$3200

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
$3,250

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
$3,300

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3350

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm good for $3,400.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3,450...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post