SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I shouldn't buy a gorgeous NIB, MSRP 6" S&W M48 .22 Magnum, blued.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I shouldn't buy a gorgeous NIB, MSRP 6" S&W M48 .22 Magnum, blued. Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I didn't see one on display Sunday at the local gun store.
Its not less than 1/3 the price of the Manurhin MR73, whose siren call I barely escaped a few months ago.
I don't have a comfortable stash of .22Mag ammo.
It wouldn't be a great partner for a CZ 452 and a Kel Tec PMR-30.
Craft Holsters won't make me a sweet thumb-break OWB leather belt slide holster for it.
5 Star Firearms doesn't offer their excellent billet aluminum speed loaders for the caliber.
I never liked revolvers.

I'm having trouble believing my own lies.
Help me out here, please.

What do you not like about your own M48?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a model 648 and love it. Buy it !

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: October 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stop dithering and buy it. They're not easy to find these days.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Buy it, and quick.

I've got a 651 and it's great.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Ha! I see what you did there, OP - methinks ye already knoweth the answer within thy heart!

Be sure to post pics once you have it in-hand! Smile

Edited to add: I don’t have an M48 but I do have a vintage-y 6” K22 that is a blast!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should not buy it. Tell me where it is so I can "help" you.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ammo's expensive and hard to come by.

Oh, wait, you have a stash.

(Sigh) Never mind. I'm gonna shut up now and go back to shopping for cheap 5.45x39 rifles.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&W M48

What store did you say had it.... Big Grin

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
LGS had one of those in the case for months. It kept tempting me, but I have a very limited supply of .22 Mag and no good way to feed it. Somebody finally bought it so I didn't have to stress over it every time I went in there. If you've got the ammo to feed it, you should go get that thing before somebody else does!

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Dammit! Don't they have a horribly heavy double action trigger pull or something???

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never warmed up to .22 Magnum. The round has a loud report, especially from a handgun. Ammo isn't really designed for accuracy. Anschutz makes some nice rifles in .22 Mag which are accurate, but I really haven't seen other guns in which the .22 Mag is accurate.

Now a 22lr handgun is a completely different matter -- a great way to go.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wrong place to get talked down off the ledge. Big Grin

Everyone should own a nice .22.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nah, you don't need it. What gun store did you say it was at? Wink

Don't sit around typing stuff to us, let us know when you are posting the pictures!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
fritz is my only friend! The rest of y'all are The Pusherman. I think there's a song...

fritz, tell me the six inch barrel but with cylinder gap would be even more obnoxious than the 4.3" on my semi-auto, and I'd lose the tip of my supporting hand thumb to the cylinder gap jet.

That'd happen! Am I right? Am I right?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You'll never know if you can avoid the gap jet if you don't have one.

I tried talking myself out of getting an $800 Allround a while back. It didn't work either.

I'm not helping you am I?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Am I right? Am I right?

If you already have a 22 magnum pistol, then you know it is loud and it is inaccurate. The M48 won't be any different.

The S&W 617 is a great revolver, due to both the way it is built and that it is chambered in 22lr. That's the rimfire revolver I recommend. I have no use for nor desire for a 22 magnum handgun.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Buy it, and quick.

I've got a 651 and it's great.

The 651 is a nice pistol.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
While you're fooling around wondering if you should or shouldn't buy it …

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 6" 648. It's a very nice gun. However, the 22WMR is really a rifle round. You'll notice this with all the unburnt powder the first time you shoot it. I have it so not selling but looking forward to a 22WMR rifle to use with my 10,000 round of Maxi-Mag.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post