You've got good taste, sir. I don't have a lot of pistols, but I do have a 239.
September 20, 2026, 01:10 PM
SigSentry
Congrats. Bookkeeping aside, you should feel fortunate to one, even find one, in 9mm, locally, under glass, and two, that wasn't diamond plate or rainbow (not that there's anything wrong with that ). Here's hoping you didn't liquidate all your mags in your previous sell-off.
September 20, 2026, 01:55 PM
mrprovy
I got mine about 1.5 years ago, and finally got it out to the range a couple weeks ago; what a fantastic handling & shooting gun! The trigger reset did take a bit to get used to though, otherwise no complaints; you're going to really enjoy it!
I bought mine (in .40) used right here on SF and almost immediately ordered a Short Reset Trigger kit from Top Gun Supply. What an enormous difference that made.
The rubber Hogues it came with hang on everything for me so I bought some checkered Hogue G-10's and it was ok but didn't do for this what they did for my 220. I finally bought the CT grips and a short reach trigger like yours and it feels made for my hand. I wouldn't even care if the laser works, it just has the feel I was looking for. Just the right amount and location of rubber on that grip. I also picked up a .357 barrel and some HST's for it.
I carry it extensively, most often in the winter months.
September 22, 2026, 01:34 PM
94hokie
I have 3 239's, one 9mm SAS and a pair in 40/357. They are great guns IMHO.
September 22, 2026, 04:03 PM
Sgt 127
I own two. Both DAK. One in 9mm and one in 357/.40 that was my most carried gun for years. All I changed was adding G10 grips.
Almost the perfect carry gun.
September 22, 2026, 07:21 PM
SevenPlusOne
Nice. Next to the Beretta 92, the P-239 is my favorite 9mm pistol. It's excellent in 357 SIG and even good in .40.
"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
September 23, 2026, 09:03 PM
357fuzz
I love me a P239. Can someone explain to me why the P239 can’t be milled for a red dot? I have yet to find a company that does.
September 24, 2026, 04:55 AM
Nontypical
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz: I love me a P239. Can someone explain to me why the P239 can’t be milled for a red dot? I have yet to find a company that does.
It can be milled for a RDS. Robert Burke did mine. This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nontypical,
September 24, 2026, 10:34 AM
357fuzz
quote:
Originally posted by Nontypical:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz: I love me a P239. Can someone explain to me why the P239 can’t be milled for a red dot? I have yet to find a company that does.
It can be milled for a RDS. Robert Burke did mine.
Bingo!!!! Perfect!!!!!!
September 24, 2026, 07:11 PM
Fredward
During the big gun selloff I had, I had a policy. If the buyer was a jerk, I sold it with two mags, as it was bought. If he was a decent guy, I offered the mags for ten or fifteen buck each. I have half a dozen 239 ppm mags. Matter of fact, I think I still have 5 in 40. Covid did not bring out the best in people.
October 07, 2026, 01:52 PM
c1steve
My P239 .357 slide milling was done by Galloway Precision. The work was well done, and the company was easy to deal with.