SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range reports it's SIG P365 rental has an estimated 100K rounds fired through it with two minor issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range reports it's SIG P365 rental has an estimated 100K rounds fired through it with two minor issues Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I don't think I have seen this before so I am posting it.

Maxon gun store and range in Des Plaines, Il has a review of their rental SIG P365 that at the time had an estimated 100K rounds fired through it with two minor issues - the RSA and the trigger bar spring. They clamed that the RSA lasted for 50K rounds and the trigger bar spring almost 100K.

I have to say that is pretty impressive.

I tried the P365 but it is just too small for me. More recently the wife has decided to take up shooting (yeah during the ammo shortage) and the P365XL is high on the list for her first gun after shooting it and shooting it well from the first magazine. She seems to shoot the Shield EZ 9MM a little better but she likes the sights on the P365XL better and is not fond of the Shield EZ grip safety.

I would love it if SIG would come out with a "large" grip module for the P365XL where the grip is deeper and a little bit wider. As far as I know that is not something they currently offer and if I am wrong please let me know. It would take more than a grip sleeve to make it work well for me. My original Walther PPS so far is the only subcompact I can shoot well but the new Shield Plus might work also with the slightly wider grip compared to the original Shield.

Here is a link to the article from Maxon range that also contains a lot of pictures of their rental P365.

https://www.maxonshooters.com/...0-round-torture-test ---

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
That is impressive! I personally prefer the P365Xl over the P365 for everyday carry. I shoot better with it than with the P365, for me its more controllable.

Not a bad idea for Sig to offer a P365XXL, but it might start blurring the lines with the P320 X Compact.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
One could make a snotty comment about something like a large grip module for the XL or an XXL blurring the lines between the 365 and the 320, but hell - if the base 365 is that good, why not push the concept as far as it'll go?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is impressive for an itty bitty auto but honestly I can’t imagine many half decent plastic handguns today won’t run for a TON of rounds with nary an issue. There are always maintenance schedules but those always seem conservative.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
One could make a snotty comment about something like a large grip module for the XL or an XXL blurring the lines between the 365 and the 320, but hell - if the base 365 is that good, why not push the concept as far as it'll go?

I get that but the P365 slide/steel frame chassis is substantially thinner and lighter than the P320. The P320 offers 3 different grip module sizes so why not offer maybe few choices for the P365 too? Been reading a lot of comments about those of us with larger hands who really like the slightly larger grip of the Shield Plus who currently won't buy the P365 or P365XL because of the too small grip.

The PPS grip is bigger, mostly front to back, than the P365/365XL and it barely works for me. Here is what it looks like with me gripping my PPS.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have far from big hands but I also find the P365 a little on the small side. Still an amazing little auto pistola.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’m 5’7” 170 - basically almost a square. The P365 fits my hands just fine but the trigger is not my favorite. Have a flat trigger and spring kit inbound, just had slide cut for a HoloSun 507. Honestly in dry fire it seems like a cheat - quick target acquisition, easy two open eyes. Will see how this combo does at the range this week.

Seeing this report is timely and good to see given the investment I just made in this pistola. Thanks for the post.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Snotty comment?

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not being snotty, but I had a similar problem as the OP with the 365...it's just too small for my hands. I opted for a P320 Subcompact and have been very happy with it. It really is the P365XL XL!

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Not being snotty, but I had a similar problem as the OP with the 365...it's just too small for my hands. I opted for a P320 Subcompact and have been very happy with it. It really is the P365XL XL!

Let me recommend the Obsidian mag base plate for the P320 SC.

(Not my pic -- borrowed from https://www.okshooters.com/att...2723962b40adeaad7da9)

These things fit perfectly. I don't know know they do it but a SIG mag with one of these on it doesn't wiggle at all, whereas with the stock base plate they've got a bit of slop in the mag well.

I just feel like I need a bit more grip to get my little finger on, and these give just enough. It's a belt-carry gun for me anyway, so I'm not too concerned about the extra length. Anyway, it's still smaller than a P320C.

They ain't cheap -- $35 each -- but you only need a couple. None of the plastic mag extenders work for me, and I've tried them all. They all smack my little finger really hard under recoil: something to do with the light weight and vibration, I think. The Obsidian extensions don't do that.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of the Obsidians and he’s right, they are just about perfect for the SC.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments on the P320 Subcompact but I already have an HK P30SK LEM. Both are terrific pistols but the P365/P365XL has them both beat as far as slide and frame being significantly thinner and lighter.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I love my P365 but -individual anecdotes like that range's aside - the owner's manual says the service life of the recoil spring guide assembly is 2500 rounds. Here's what it says on page 58:
quote:
Recoil Spring Guide Assembly
Do not disassemble the P365 recoil spring guide assembly. It is serviced as a single unit. You should replace it at 2,500-round intervals.

And, in my experience, that's correct. After a couple years of frequent and heavy range use, I saw a couple failures to eject, after it'd run flawlessly prior to then. Ran it to ground and after I put in a new recoil spring guide assembly, it then has continued flawlessly. And now I keep one of those assemblies around as a spare.

It's a carry pistol. Durable and accurate and easy to shoot, even fun at the range (how cool!) and. yes, durable, but I would not personally recommend those who carry one to just shoot endlessly on the original parts, relying on anecdotal torture tests.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Let me recommend the Obsidian mag base plate for the P320 SC.

(Not my pic -- borrowed from https://www.okshooters.com/att...2723962b40adeaad7da9)

These things fit perfectly. I don't know know they do it but a SIG mag with one of these on it doesn't wiggle at all, whereas with the stock base plate they've got a bit of slop in the mag well.

I just feel like I need a bit more grip to get my little finger on, and these give just enough. It's a belt-carry gun for me anyway, so I'm not too concerned about the extra length. Anyway, it's still smaller than a P320C.

They ain't cheap -- $35 each -- but you only need a couple. None of the plastic mag extenders work for me, and I've tried them all. They all smack my little finger really hard under recoil: something to do with the light weight and vibration, I think. The Obsidian extensions don't do that.

That's my picture and Sig lol

These are the cats ass if you want a good base plate.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Pretty damned good service life IMO!

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Thanks for the comments on the P320 Subcompact but I already have an HK P30SK LEM. Both are terrific pistols but the P365/P365XL has them both beat as far as slide and frame being significantly thinner and lighter.

A P30sk is more comparable to a G19 size wise. It’s why I sold mine when a buddy put his g19 next to my p30sk and they were literally the same size but the Glock was thinner

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

A P30sk is more comparable to a G19 size wise. It’s why I sold mine when a buddy put his g19 next to my p30sk and they were literally the same size but the Glock was thinner

I still have my P30SK, occasionally carry when clothing and weather permit but still shoot at the range. I have to be honest, I love my P30SK as does my wife. I am working on warming up to the P365 as it is significantly smaller but striker vs. hammer is giving me pause in this package. Need range time, just got Holosun 507 and flat trigger on it. Better, but have not had to the range since changing over (today).

As I was typing this, my wife was asking what I was typing. When I told her she did not hesitate - P30Sk. She carries and trains with a Walther PPS M2. The P365 was for her, she did not warm up to it so now I am trying. Good to have choices Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post