SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first new Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first new Sig Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted
As some of you know, I have posted a bit concerning what model Sigs to buy and I have finally taken delivery of the first of two I have purchased. My Sig P229 Elite Custom arrived last night and I picked it up this morning. I paid 629.00 for it and have a P320 X-Compact ordered. My concern with the 229 was that it might be too big with the double stack for my hand but with the G-10 grips and SRT it fits perfect!!! Here are a couple of pics of my first Sig! Woo Hoo!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine purchase. Ya' done good.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I am so excited to go to the range now and get use to shooting this new Sig. This brings a bit of joy to the heart!

But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly my two favorite pistols. Carried a P229 for years until it was replaced with a P320 Carry. I learned to shoot with the P229 DA/SA and I’m good with it, but I couldn’t argue with the timer that said I was a touch faster to the first shot with the P320.

The old workhorse:

And the “new” hotness:

I think you’re gonna love them! Happy shooting!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much guys. I have a 320 X-Compact ordered but no idea when it will come in. I have a few more guns in mind with a 229 Legion maybe in my future and possibly a 225 so we will see. I have raced motorcycles my whole life and I believe with proper care, shooting will be much safer.

― Marcus Aurelius

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The P229 is far and away my favorite pistol. You got it at a great price and I love seeing you were able to get the legacy slide.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the fantastic new pistol!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Very nice congratulations.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on making your decision and going with both of them. I think you are really going to enjoy both of them. My wife and I are extremely pleased with the exact same guns. We have put about 400 more problem free rounds through each since I posted in your other thread where I recommended both, and they are still problem free.

I am off to see what carry ammo it likes, trying Sig's 115 and 124 grain, and some Nosler. I am excited to see what happens, as the accuracy and precision we have experienced so far has been very nice.

If you are looking for some nicer mags to feed the 229, check out the post from usaoz in the classifieds here. I have used the 18 round and 15 round versions, and they work very nice. You might as well pick up a couple of mags for your 320 X while you're at it. Have fun.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post