SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Pistols vs the P210 A pricing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Pistols vs the P210 A pricing Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at pricing on the p210A Standard and Target. I can get one out the door from my LGS (he has 2 now) for $1084 and $1462 I have also been jonesing for a P220 in 10mm. I am not sure I understand pricing on these at $1500 plus tax for a SAO legion. Even the 45ACp is more than the P210. What am I missing? What do I get with a Legion that is better than any P210?

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair question but I think one must first reconcile the price difference for a basic P220R (typical street price of ~$920) to its Legion counterpart. Many of us Legion owners place little or no value on the Legion branding & color, but we do value the extra features - some of which can not be reproduced via the aftermarket. From this perspective, the Legion premium makes sense. Of course, that perspective assumes one is already content or reconciled with paying $900 for a new base model. And that assumption further assumes that I was content paying ~$550 for a base model in 1988.

Of course, my comments are relative to a 45 and you’re contemplating a 10mm. Notwithstanding the steel vs aluminum difference for the frame, I won’t try to justify the 10’s premium over a 45.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long story short, I suspect Sig determines / justifies its pricing for the Legion “vertically” (within the model line) rather than “horizontally” (across models and / or brands)?

Of course, a buyer can elect his own view.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the used market for a P220 Legion. I have seen numerous Legion pistols,226,229,220 of different flavors selling cheap,all things considered. I came really close to buying a used P229 9mm Legion at a local gun store for a little $700.00 otd. There are many out there.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
air question but I think one must first reconcile the price difference for a basic P220R (typical street price of ~$920) to its Legion counterpart. Many of us Legion owners place little or no value on the Legion branding & color, but we do value the extra features - some of which can not be reproduced via the aftermarket.

^^^^^^^^
Exactly. I own a 226 Legion and value the extra features. The marketing hype though nearly turned me off. I think you go with what you shoot best and what you value in features. I am often quite perplexed at the pricing of all upscale guns.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes sense on vertical price scaling. Since there is no P210A base other than what they set in last 3 years off the Target mode and then scaled down. I will buy the P210A and a 10mm pistol. It just may not be a 10mm sig. I did just buy (today) a used E229R ASE (I think that is Alloy stainless elite?) in 9mm very slightly used. That was $900 OTD but I fell in lust with it so I could not leave it in the store.Si I guess I am not convinced that Sigs are to expensive. Just that they are not cheap! My last word on this is I am and always will be a "West German made" fan. I will also keep buying 40 year old Sigs.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post