SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Picked Up Another PPK
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Picked Up Another PPK Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
This time it's the Interarms licensed USA version before Smith and Wesson took over. Ranger Arms manufactured them. It's a 1989 and I do believe the serials started in 1983 once production was set up.

They are good pistols without the ugly serial pit of the Smith and Wesson.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.
Mine starts with A076xxx

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
serial pit?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an old Interarms PPK/S. It’s beautiful. It’s an awful shooter. I will never get rid of it. I love your gun and would have bought it too. When S&W added that horrendous beaver tail it was all over for me. I would rather get bit by the slide than be seen with that awful beaver tail. Lol

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, a PPK is on my shortlist of 'just because' pistols.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
serial pit?

It looks like a swimming pool cut into the frame with an ugly laser burned number and QR code.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Nice.
Mine starts with A076xxx

PC

You have a 1994 Ranger Interarms.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Mine starts S00

Posts: 5609 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A03 for me.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Visco:
A03 for me.

Ranger

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Mine starts S00

Ranger

1983/84 if it has three zeros or two zeros.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Think you nailed it. I got the box down and it has a label "WALTHER PPK 380 ACP STAINLESS 088". Seems like I carried it longer than that, The Rodney King riots were in 1992. After I saw that guy get dragged from his truck and smacked in the head with a cinder block I bought a Beretta 92FS.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mines a PPK. B0061XX. In .32 ACP. Searched long to find one.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I lost one like that in a burglary. I still miss that gun, I loved it. Back then the HP technology wasn't there in terms of nose geometry and ballistics compatibility with that particular model, but if I still had that gun I'm pretty sure I'd find some reliable defense ammo to shoot in it. When I was young I used to empty magazines of ball ammo reloads into mud ground right in front of me. Lots of useless testosterone got used up, probably for the better back then.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Glaser Pow R Ball is the way to go with these.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Visco:
Think you nailed it. I got the box down and it has a label "WALTHER PPK 380 ACP STAINLESS 088". Seems like I carried it longer than that, The Rodney King riots were in 1992. After I saw that guy get dragged from his truck and smacked in the head with a cinder block I bought a Beretta 92FS.

I bought a Colt Trooper in 357mag with a 6" barrel. Carried her in my work vehicle for years.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, nice PPK! Is that 380 or 32?

I ended up making an impulse buy for a blue finish PPK/S in 380. A PPK in 32 would have been more of interest, but the novelty of the serial number beginning with “007” pushed me over the cliff.

Given the right opportunity for a nice shooter in 32, I would take the leap again whether it be a PPK or PPK/S…

What’s not to like about a “cool” all steel pistol?

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I found one just like yours interarms .380 one mag 500 bucks out the door Good Deal? very clean.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's a good deal. They are going for $600+.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
ok thanks