SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Picked Up Another PPK
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Picked Up Another PPK Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Mars do you have a picture of the other side of the ppk and will 7 round mags fit? or is this just a 6 round? my understanding is the had to make the ppk a ppks after 1968 is this correct?

Posts: 5590 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
ok I get that but mine is stamped ppk not ppks wouldn't they have changed the stamp? interarms was done way after 1968 at least that's my understanding I need to buy some extra mags and would like to know if the 7 rounders will work. not sure why they would make 6 rd mag, aLso I won't get my gun for another week as Oregon has 18000 guns in the que right not from the new commie gun bill.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Mars do you have a picture of the other side of the ppk and will 7 round mags fit? or is this just a 6 round? my understanding is the had to make the ppk a ppks after 1968 is this correct?

A PPK/S has a metal backstrap grip and a regular PPK is plastic as the grips are like a P series Sig.

A PPK/S 7 round mag will fit in a PPK, but it is too long. A PPK mag will not fit in a PPK/S.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
ok thanks, mine is almost exact to yours ser number is close, my understanding is they make a small grip extension that slips over the bottom of the mag to take up the difference. having them send pictures.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The 6 round mag is easier to get for the PPK.

The X-Grip extender adapts the PPK/S mag to the PPK. I do believe you have to have the flat floorplate mag to use it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post