SIGforum
I Picked Up Another PPK

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7170042694

November 19, 2022, 04:33 PM
XLT
I Picked Up Another PPK
Mars do you have a picture of the other side of the ppk and will 7 round mags fit? or is this just a 6 round? my understanding is the had to make the ppk a ppks after 1968 is this correct?
November 19, 2022, 05:29 PM
XLT
ok I get that but mine is stamped ppk not ppks wouldn't they have changed the stamp? interarms was done way after 1968 at least that's my understanding I need to buy some extra mags and would like to know if the 7 rounders will work. not sure why they would make 6 rd mag, aLso I won't get my gun for another week as Oregon has 18000 guns in the que right not from the new commie gun bill.
November 19, 2022, 05:56 PM
Mars_Attacks
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Mars do you have a picture of the other side of the ppk and will 7 round mags fit? or is this just a 6 round? my understanding is the had to make the ppk a ppks after 1968 is this correct?

A PPK/S has a metal backstrap grip and a regular PPK is plastic as the grips are like a P series Sig.

A PPK/S 7 round mag will fit in a PPK, but it is too long. A PPK mag will not fit in a PPK/S.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
November 19, 2022, 06:56 PM
XLT
ok thanks, mine is almost exact to yours ser number is close, my understanding is they make a small grip extension that slips over the bottom of the mag to take up the difference. having them send pictures.
November 20, 2022, 06:02 AM
Mars_Attacks
The 6 round mag is easier to get for the PPK.

The X-Grip extender adapts the PPK/S mag to the PPK. I do believe you have to have the flat floorplate mag to use it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.