SIGforum
Sig P320 X-Five Problems and GOLD STAR for Sig Customer Services

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7170005244

June 01, 2018, 05:34 AM
Virginia Gentleman
Sig P320 X-Five Problems and GOLD STAR for Sig Customer Services
I have posted here earlier concerning a Sig P320 X-Five which failed to remain open on last round. Sent it back to Sig.....little 4-5 week wait and they sent me a new Sig P320 X-Five which shot 100%, and they let me keep my original 4 magazines and sent me 4 new ones with the new gun!!!! (Thanks Sig). Liked it so much I purchased a second one (Ya, I know, Wife said the same thing) Well the new one, the second one i purchased had the same failed ti remain open problem. Same routine, sent it back, waited 4 weeks and it came back repaired....not a new gun. Talked to someone named John at Sig Customer Services, really great guy and he gave me the low-down on what was wrong. Had to buff the ramp, reform the slide a bit and buff that and another 3 items which I don't remember specifically but all involved buffing and reshaping. John said that the person doing the repairs was the best and would not let a gun out without making it perfect. John told me that they loaded up the 4 magazines, each with 5 different kinds if ammo from cheap to expensive and test fired the habdgun with 80 rounds of each...almost 500 rounds....tested with both strong and weak hand, and without a single FTF or FT lock back. A GOLD MEDAL for Sig Customer Services in my mind and a Kudos to the man who did the repairs. I can't ask for anymore other than to test fire the gun before they have it leave the factory.
June 01, 2018, 06:42 AM
Cobra21
10-4. Nice report. I read w/ interest as I've been thinking seriously about the 320 X5. Well done SIG folks.

Risk the consequences of honesty...
June 01, 2018, 09:17 AM
Newf
Good stuff, glad to hear they took care of you. Have had my own P320 X5 for almost a month now with no issues (knock on wood!), it's a great pistol.

June 01, 2018, 10:11 AM
BB61
That certainly sounds like you had good CS both times. However, it raises the question on how SIG’s flagship pistol could make it out the door so poorly made/finished? That, IMO, does NOT speak well of SIG’s manufacturing process. Several years ago, they had a CNC programing error and a large lot of 556 Classics went out before they caught the error. I had one and like you, SIG ended up sending me a new 556 which I appreciated. However, then like now, the 556 was their flagship rifle/pistol and their attention to detail still appears to be lacking. That is disconcerting.