SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More Hi-Power flavors on the way...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Hi-Power flavors on the way... Login/Join 
posted
Variety is usually a good thing:

Military Armament Corp (MAC) is bringing back a number of models of the High Power pistol to the United States, starting with the L9A1. The L9A1 was the British designation for the High Power during its service with British forces between the years 1962 to 2013.

It’s worth noting that MAC describe the original L9A1 as being manufactured by Canada’s Inglis company but the original pistols were FN produced. Inglis in fact produced the No.2 Mk1 which entered British and Commonwealth service in 1944. MAC have, however, marked the new pistols as Inglis, resurrecting the old company name. MAC’s L9A1 also features the later pattern MkIII moulded plastic grips.

The upcoming models will be commercial variants, black with walnut grips, satin nickel with black G-10 grips. Last, but not least, there will be a color case-hardened model named the GP-35. MSRP starts from $489.99 and goes up to $649.99 for the GP-35.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...eturns-to-us-market/

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Someone's putting the Inglis name on Tisas Hi Powers. Not super excited.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it looks like a cool configuration for the High Power, but it's not an Inglis. Frankly, I would rather that they didn't put the diamond logo on the slide.

It's just more marketing, and I am done with being marketed to, umm at, whatever.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "retro" thing seems to be going strong these days.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of FN High Powers out there, but the prices have become obscene, and I believe this is in good portion what is driving the interest.

Used to be, if a man wanted a High Power, he bought one new from Browning or he searched auction sites and could have his pick for a reasonable price. Those days are gone.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Interesting. When one hears about MAC, the High Power isn't the first item that comes to mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
The "retro" thing seems to be going strong these days.

I'm wondering if they'll start offering new firearms with wear/use marks, almost like how they sell jeans that already have holes.

Someone probably does already.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Used to be, if a man wanted a High Power, he bought one new from Browning or he searched auction sites and could have his pick for a reasonable price. Those days are gone.

When was that? I started in the 90's and they were around $800 back then.

quote:
I'm wondering if they'll start offering new firearms with wear/use marks, almost like how they sell jeans that already have holes.

Someone probably does already.

They don't have to. There's already Cerakote blends that do it for them so it's just like coating another gun.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I bought a New MkIII Browning High Power in 1999 for 589.00 plus tax.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That's not too bad. Sounds like my local dealers were overcharging.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Someone's putting the Inglis name on Tisas Hi Powers. Not super excited.

Fwiw, I have recently purchased 2 versions of the Tisas Hi Power. Both are detective models, one steel frame and the other is alloy frame. I am quite pleased with mine but will warn you that both of mine required a little "buffing and shining" to get them where I wanted them. That wasn't a big deal for me, but I very much enjoy the process.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I will be watching for a more detailed review of those new “Inglis” Hi Powers. My interest is certainly piqued.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a feeling that the initial batches will sell out fairly quickly.