SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compact .45ACP suggestions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compact .45ACP suggestions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Here's another pic of that commander...a better view.

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Well, since we are talking about Commanders, I have a Colt Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander in 45 ACP that shoots and carries really well. Although I don't consider the Commander size as being "compact."

Posts: 6623 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ogie, I have a LW Wiley Clapp Commander also, as you said it shoots amazing and it carry’s very well, probably the last 1911 I’d ever get rid of out of my collection. I haven’t been a huge Colt fan over the years because of some previous experiences but my LW Clapp is one of the best I’ve ever owned…. Picked up a 3” King Cobra that is also on par with it, I could probably get by for the rest of my life with only those 2 and my Sig 238 for pocket carry but I am weak…

Posts: 458 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
My favorite is the HK-45c, trigger of Your choosing. I have ‘lite’ LEM, DA/SA works, or standard LEM.

My favorite compact .45! Same size as a Glock 19/P2000 with .45acp punch. I rarely carry mine though in favor of a P2000 or P2000sk 9milly.

And FWIW, I really wish that SF had a "like" function. Wes, that Colt Commander is the shizzle. I carried a blued Novak Commander for years that I let go like an idiot. Great guns but I really don't care for carrying fully steel guns for 10-12 hours any more.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
This is actually something I've been chasing for 20 years.... compact .45 ACP's with safety's? .....

I have had and recommend these .45 ACPs with safeties.

1. Colt Officers .45 MK IV - 6-7 round magazines -

Reasons - very accurate, 1911 trigger is perfection, cocked and locked carry.

I'd say any good officers type, maybe one with a aluminum lower instead of steel like mine could be lighter.

2. USP Compact .45 - 10 round flush fit or 12 round HK45C elephant foot magazines.

Reasons- Choice of safety, choice of DA/SA or LEM *same trigger pull each time* , relatively high capacity for a compact .45 (10-12 rounds), new parts still being made.

magazines for HK45C work in USPc .45, some USPc .45's still made.

*I sent mine to H&K for the trigger work, low lb LEM(3.5 lb) and ambidesxtrous safety, that's just how I prefer it myself)

BIG NOTE: HK Customer Service says NOT TO USE HK45C barrels in a USPc .45 MY BAD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:

NOTE: I think a new HK45C would meet a USPc .45 quality and uses the same magazines/barrels and those are not too expensive

I don't know about barrels, but the magazines are interchangeable and they are of good quality. The only thing I did to my HK45C was add Talon Pro Grips. I didn't care for the slickness of the factory grips.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:

NOTE: I think a new HK45C would meet a USPc .45 quality and uses the same magazines/barrels and those are not too expensive

The only thing I did to my HK45C was add Talon Pro Grips. I didn't care for the slickness of the factory grips.

I did the same for mine but I am tempted to find someone to stipple it. I haven't seen too many examples so never really moved forward with it.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:

I don't know about barrels, but the magazines are interchangeable and they are of good quality. The only thing I did to my HK45C was add Talon Pro Grips. I didn't care for the slickness of the factory grips.

I know personally the HK45C barrel works in USPc 45, it just has a rubber o-ring that the USPc 45 barrel never had only difference.

Good to know. I never had a reason to try it in my USPc 45.

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
LET ME CORRECT MYSELF, I WAS WRONG, HK45C barrels should NOT BE SWAPPED into USPc .45 (HK customer service)

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well as much as I dislike Springfield the Company, there IS their XD-E; DA/SA, lightweight, slender, thumb safety...and very much chambered in .45AUTO (and 9mm as well). Designed from the outset with concealed carry comfort in mind. They've been discontinued (again; never was a huge seller), but you may be able to find a new old-stock example from the runs that were made during COVID. And you can always search for a used one if need be.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
LET ME CORRECT MYSELF, I WAS WRONG, HK45C barrels should NOT BE SWAPPED into USPc .45 (HK customer service)

Thanks!!

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
S&W Shield in 45acp is what you seek..

^^^ this

Posts: 1732 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was chasing the perfect concealed carry 45 for many years until I discovered the Shield 45. It’s slim, lightweight, amazingly controllable especially considering the size, accurate and it works with any ammo I’ve tried in it.

Posts: 6 | Location: Detroit, Michigan,USA | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Star PD (45), alloy frame, barrel just slightly longer (4") than a Colt Officer about same height with 6rd mag.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
You could always try and find the somewhat limited edition P220SAO Compact. Worth the hunt!

Oh shit. I wish I hadn't seen that...

I'm also jealous of Weshowe's Wiley Clapp Colt. One of those was on my short list until I found this, which serves very nicely.

SIG GSR Revolution Carry. This is an early 3 digit serial number purchased as new old stock from Osage County Guns when he closed up shop. Took 500 or so rounds to become totally reliable, but it is an exceptionally fine pistol, with a superb trigger, and excellent fit and finish.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I liked everything about my GSR except for it's inability to go through a magazine without a FTF. I sent mine back four times to SIG. The last time they gave me a refund.

I'm glad yours' is good.