SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 match elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 match elite Login/Join 
posted
I got these wilson combat 10rnd mags and they seem to work, the catch isnt holding the mags in place however. Anyone know a solution to modify the mags to hold? I cant tell if the foot of the mag is stopping the mag from catching due to frame intersection or what.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 04, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fnhowe84:
I got these wilson combat 10rnd mags and they seem to work, the catch isnt holding the mags in place however.

Then they ARE NOT WORKING for you

If this gun is just a range toy, you can try a new mag catch

However, if the gun is a Personal Defense firearm then either ditch the Wilson Combat mags or give the gun to your local Gun Smith so that it is Reliable for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disassemble mags with the mag body only see if they lock in. If so you may need to trim a hair off the base pad. If they don’t then you have some incompatibility with the mag catch or if you have an extended ejector on your pistol, the mag may be hitting the bottom of the ejector.
I would NOT modify the gun to fit the mags but rather tinker with the mags to fit the gun. Always work on modifying the least expensive part first

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post