SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please ID this SIG pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please ID this SIG pistol Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Photo produced by member HRK:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...560036705#3560036705

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
P220 SAO Carry?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ What he said. In 2-tone, of course. . That slide says "P220", not P228 as OttoSig thinks.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
P220 SAO Carry?

Yes that is it, missed your question on the other thread but just posted there as well...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, does this look familiar?

It sure looks to me like that slide is stamped P228

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the slide says 228 and the grips say 220.

Posts: 196 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Guys, it's a P220. The owner, HRK, says it's a P220. Look/appearance from a single angle can be deceiving. And, when you blow it up 10 times, it becomes more fuzzy and distorted.

Several years ago, there was a NIB P228 on GB with a single pic that showed serial number starting with "U". Now, we all know P228 has "B" serial number, and "U" is P226 prefix. Everyone on here was excited, thinking it was a factory error unicorn. Guess what? It was a "B", after all.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Guys, does this look familiar?

It sure looks to me like that slide is stamped P228

Luckily (and to remove all doubt!) the owner of the pistol in question has confirmed it to be a P220 Carry SAO. He did so in the post right above yours 1.5 hours prior.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not disputing what the original owner stated, just that the way the pixels fell that sure looks a lot more than an 8 than it does a 0.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Gheez looooeeeezzz! LOL

Heres a picture that should clear up the whole thing.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's the internet, everything is a lie.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing up the mystery. The last picture really makes it clear.

I was definitely taking a minute looking at the picture. It *looked* like the slide was stamped P228, but it was also clearly stamped stainless. I guess the M11-A1 has a stainless slide, but I always thought of it as more of a p229 than a p228 (not that there’s a darned thing wrong with a p229).

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post