SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Xcarry Legion - What do you think?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Xcarry Legion - What do you think? Login/Join 
posted
My LGS has a P320 Xcarry Legion that is really sweet. I saw it the other day and have been lusting after it since. I had not been looking for anything like that, but here I am seriously considering it. Sometimes you need something you didn't know that you needed. The problem is that I don't know much about them other than what I see - really nice sights and a phenomenal trigger with a mag well that looks terrific.

Is there a track record with them? Any of you folks have any experience with them? Haven't seen much in the way of video reviews.

My intended usage would be fun at the range. Not home defense, edc or competition, at least not yet.

Thanks for any insights.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it strikes your fancy, then why not?

We've had a couple come into the shop. One sold right away, but the second has languished in the display case for over a month now. Most who fondle it seem to really want and/or prefer the original full length X5 version.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have three P320 Carry guns that I shoot very frequently. One will most likely become a carry gun in short order. I also have a full size X5 Legion that I use as a range toy. There really is no advantage to the extra slide length when using an optic so the carry size makes sense. That said, the full size balances really well and the Carry size without the magwell also has good balance so I wouldn’t choose that flavor for me. If you like it, my guess is you won’t be disappointed. The carry size and the Legion flavor are both gtg, so combining the two should produce the same results.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My issue with this version is there's no rear sight if you want to use an optic. You can buy adaptor platesthat has rear sights in them, but that's too much of a pain for me. If you're good with that, then go for it.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
My issue with this version is there's no rear sight if you want to use an optic. You can buy adaptor platesthat has rear sights in them, but that's too much of a pain for me. If you're good with that, then go for it.

This is the main reason I went with the Romeo 1 Pro optic. It has a channel on top of the optic and dots on the back to use as the rear sights. On the range with the optic off, the back up sighting was adequate to make A zone hits out to 15yds. As a plus, both my son and I really like the optic.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the OP. I went back to the store yesterday morning to drool again and then left. I needed to go home and beat myself up some more about the price. Then I went back after lunch and did the deal. I'll start a new thread with pictures when I have a little more time.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy a standard P320 and add suppressor height sites and get it milled for a better quality red dot like a Trijicon RMR. I don't like the way they built this model's slide.

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post