SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Subcompact FDE mag base plates...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Subcompact FDE mag base plates... Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
I need help finding FDE magazine baseplates for my subcompact 12 round 9mm mags. These mags use a totally different attachment system than the normal P320 mags. The base plates have a circular hole in the center and attach to the mag bottoms with mag lips that curve inward. All other P320 mags curve outward to attach the base plate.
What I am trying to do is have all my 9mm mags have FDE magazine bottoms, and have my .357/40 mags have the black bottoms. To help identify each. I have twice ordered FDE base plates that I was informed would fit the subcompact 12 round 9mm mags. None fit the unique mags that are the 12 rounders. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
How do they not fit? Is it just the base plates that don't fit or is it the retainers with the round post not holding in the rectangular hole?

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
The base plates ... attach to the mag bottoms with mag lips that curve inward. All other P320 mags curve outward to attach the base plate.

Did not know that until I read it here. Thank you.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
How do they not fit? Is it just the base plates that don't fit or is it the retainers with the round post not holding in the rectangular hole?

Ahhh, a fellow Tamponian (Tampon ???..) Thanks for trying to help. The bottom of the mag body has retainer lips that curve INWARD. Normal P320 mag base plate retainer lips ( The lips you slide the base plate onto ) curve OUTWARD.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Are these factory magazines or aftermarket? I'd sell them and buy new ones that use current standard parts.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd sell them and buy new ones that use current standard parts.

They are the current standard parts. Sig discontinued the Subcompact grip modules and has never changed the design of the 12 round magazine body. I really like my P320 SC with Obsidian base plates but I unfortunately have never come across any options for 12 round FDE base plates. Best option might be a rattle can.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Okay. So why not make the 9mm subcompact magazine floor plates black and the .40/.357 floor plates FDE? Of course I'm assuming the .40/.357 is not also subcompact.

Obviously I don't know so forget anything I've said.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I did a search for subcompact floor plates and the only aftermarket ones I saw were black Pachmayr ones on Amazon. But some guy on ebay is selling stickers fitted to the size of the sub compact floor plates that you could use to differentiate the calibers.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay. So why not make the 9mm subcompact magazine floor plates black and the .40/.357 floor plates FDE? Of course I'm assuming the .40/.357 is not also subcompact.

Obviously I don't know so forget anything I've said.

Paten My 9mm 320's slides ( P320 M17, P320sc ) ) are FDE. My .357/40 slides ( Also a full size and and a Subcompact )are black. It seems my simple plan to keep everything straight has backfired...

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody. I believe a rattle can squirtin' Fde is in my future.