SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Beretta Pistol?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Beretta Pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve only put 50 or so rounds through my 92FS but I love that thing. It’s the Inox version and I get all giggly just looking at it.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
If I'm buying a bone stock gun that's ready to go; LTT Elite (order direct if you want LTT to do their trigger work). The 92X Defensive will likely be my next purchase.

I've got so many variations of the 92 platform, both factory versions and stuff I've put together. If you've got questions, shoot me an email and can help you figure out what is best for what you want.

Here's an example of one....NP3'ed 96 Centurion frame safety conversion with 357SIG barrel and 92 Centurion 9mm upper.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A 96 in .357Sig would be awesome

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am big fan of the Wilson Combat Berettas

92 Vertec with WC Action Tune

WC Brig Tac

WC Centurion

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s threads like this that ding my bank account Wink

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Ha! Tell me about it! myrottiety's "What's your favorite Semi Auto Pistol around $1K- $2K?" ended-up having me kinda lusting after a CZ TS 2... or something

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame PGT, I have been trailing his pictures for the better part of my time here on sigforum.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A single action Beretta 92 Centurion chambered in 357 Sig?

Be still my heart.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I had WC completely work over my Inox compact. That was before I discovered LTT. After that I went with the RDO slide.
The ability to just switch slides & go from irons to optics is great!.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
PGT where did you find the 357 barrel?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Bar-Sto used to offer them but no longer. EFK lists some as well but no replies to email to inquire about when they might do more.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
LTT Elite Compact with NP3 option and trigger job, factory threaded barrel and compensator added*

*note these come with a longer recoil guide rod to serve as an anti-rotation device meant for full-size. I trimmed a spare plastic one down to appropriate length for a 4.3" Compact barrel.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I sold my 96 Centurion years ago because I hated the grip. I have yet to find one that feels good in my hand. BUT I still want another and this thread sure makes me want to shop for one of those Wilson Combat 92G Centurions.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
100%, I'd chose an LTT over a Wilson Combat version. They're cheaper and unless you REALLY want a brigadier slide, they offer a lot more choices in sights and optics. The Brig was designed to handle the extra recoil of 40S&W. It's not needed for 9mm, though I do love the lines.

I've got matching serial BrigTac and CenTac; have never fired them. I shoot my LTT's.

posted Hide Post
I've had a bunch, customized most.

Some mechanically -

Some cosmetically -

Had the Elites, Type M, Compact etc.

Straight dustcover, 4.7" flush cut barrel, extended mag release, single sided lever, extended mag release is a must for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CrazyHorse5.0,

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
There are some beautiful Berettas in here gents.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
LTT Elite Compact with NP3 option and trigger job, factory threaded barrel and compensator added*

*note these come with a longer recoil guide rod to serve as an anti-rotation device meant for full-size. I trimmed a spare plastic one down to appropriate length for a 4.3" Compact barrel.

Did you have LTT do the NP3 on the factory threaded barrel or did you add that yourself?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
The 84 and 85 are beautiful pistols.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I have three,
87T 22l that I love. It is as accurate as I could hope for. A lot of people bitch about the trigger, but to me it is just fine. I added the wood grips and bought 8 more mags for it.

<snip>

Re: “87T 22l that I love. It is as accurate as I could hope for. A lot of people bitch about the trigger, but to me it is just fine. I added the wood grips and bought 8 more mags for it.”

This, from a guy that owns scads of semi auto .22 LR pistols. Smile

I love my 87 Target too. And, like you, I get along fine with its trigger. I did do one simple thing to reduce its over travel. There’s a little stub on the back of the trigger. I found a small cylindrical rare earth magnet that clings securely to that stub, reducing over travel by the length of it.

The 87T is reliable with every ammo that I’ve tried, but I’ve settled on Aguila Pistol Match. It’s at the low end of standard velocity, 925 fps. Very easy on the gun.

I’m not a fan of target grips – I have the stock Beretta checkered grips on mine. But the target grips on yours are the prettiest grips that I recall seeing on any pistol. Great photo too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8838 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
If you're getting a 92 series, at the very least get a Langdon Optimized Trigger bar and a D hammer spring or lighter. Or spring for the Trigger Job in a Bag. My LTT Elite Centurion trigger setup is awesome. All I did to my other 92s was the Op trigger bar with 13lb hammer springs. Nice, but not as nice as the full LTT job.

-- in other news...

It’s slowly coming along.

Looks like it should get done in time for my son’s 15th birthday. Slide work done by Middlebranch Machine. G Kit single sided lever done by WAL.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post