SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P6 vs P225A1 vs P239
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6 vs P225A1 vs P239 Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Simple answer is she gets what she likes not what you like or what we like or suggest.....

I bought and now own about 6 different handguns before I learned this lesson.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my p239 when i acquired a p225-A1 and bought the 239 back two years later. Both excellent pistols. I am still more accurate at 25 yards with the 239

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parts wise, yes the 225a1 shares more with the 239. Of course it does. Almost nothing on the 225/P6 is still being made. Springs. Sights. Not much else. Guess what? P series guns share lineage. It made sense to reinvent a popular gun but use off the shelf parts.

It’s a 225 just like a Mustang in 2018 is still a Ford Mustang even though it has more parts commonality with a Ford Focus than an original Mustang.

Yes, I am griping. My gripe is that the “classic” stuff lends itself to this unreasonable hype that they don’t deserve. They were and are great guns. They were really great when you could buy a trade in police gun like new for under 3 bills. Now they cost more and take out the cheap factor, divide out the classic coolness and the 225a1 is arguably, yes arguably, a better product. Everyone won’t think so and yes some might think the checkered plastic grips feel better than the 225a1’s stock wood or G10 grips.

I personally think, and many of you disagree, that if there was a scientific way to judge these two side by side the newer one would win this easily.

I like 225/P6’s. But they had warts. Heavy triggers, hard to find holsters, P6’s wouldn’t feed hollowpoints sometimes. The 225a1 addresses and beats all that plus comes with an outstanding trigger out of the box and frame enhancements that would cost a fortune to add. Other than outright fans, dare I say fanboys lol, most would pick up a 225a1 and a 225 side by side and prefer the newer one. Most, certainly not all, but I would bet a crisp Ben Franklin that blind test would go in my stated direction.

All 3 great guns. The real answer was stated much earlier. “Whichever one she likes”.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me the P225 is better balanced and lighter. Very cheap to change a mainspring to make the DA trigger lighter. The A1 also has a msrp of $1,032. Just bought my second KG 98% condition P225 for $525 with box and target. Had my KH since 98 and never one issue. Also have a P6 from 79. Yes the P6 was not made for HP’s but the commercial 225 was. Think they should have named the A1 P239A1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wildflush,

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Simple answer is she gets what she likes not what you like or what we like or suggest.....

I bought and now own about 6 different handguns before I learned this lesson.

Same here. My wife is beyond picky and loved the P225 not P6 but after a year of looking found a mint german 225 safe queen on gun broker and then it was either too heavy or bulky but a great shooter.She made a list watching hickok45 on Utube and we found a range with rentals so she can try them out.After shooting a half dozen handguns, she loved the Sig 365 and Glock 43 which to this day wears both religously and alternates whenever in her vedder lighttuck holsters 12hrs a day running her store.She always says they are so comfortable she forgets shes carrying.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
The P225 A1 has been my every day carry gun for two years now. It has been a great gun. Shoots so well and it is very accurate.
The 225 is equipped so well and the trigger reset allows rapid shots. With the grips this gun will stay in your hand. I will suggest to any one to buy this gun. It reminds my of my P220 in the way it handles and with the SA,DA action.
Another great gun from Sig.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post