SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which hogue grips for m11a1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which hogue grips for m11a1 Login/Join 
posted
Hogue g10 checkered or aluminum checkered

Is one thinner than the other? Is one stickier than the other?

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Identical dimensions. Same level of stickiness.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about “stickier” but the texture on the G10 scales can be had anywhere from smooth to pretty aggressive.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Aluminum gets cold when it’s cold. G10 does not if that matters to you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
G10 all the way. I've had both and G10 feels way better to me than aluminum. I presently have G10 on my P229 Elite Carry.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I don’t know about “stickier” but the texture on the G10 scales can be had anywhere from smooth to pretty aggressive.

But the man is asking specifically Hogue checkered G10 vs checkered aluminum.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
But the man is asking specifically Hogue checkered G10 vs checkered aluminum.

So he is. Reading fail on my part. Smile

I've never owned a set of the aluminum grips, but I had a set of the checkered G10's on my P220 that were pretty aggressive. I'm now curious about the answer to that question as well, as to which is stickier or has more bite to it.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
G10 all the way for me. Alum gets cold and scratches easily.
G10 is also workable. If the edges are sharp or the texture to rough all you do is sand and then re-oil and you then go on like nothing ever happened.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mustang-PaPa,

Posts: 18035 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I've never owned a set of the aluminum grips, but I had a set of the checkered G10's on my P220 that were pretty aggressive. I'm now curious about the answer to that question as well, as to which is stickier or has more bite to it.

The answer is in the 1st reply post. That is based on personal experience. Wink
The only differences, as others have mentioned, are the hot/cold and scratched easy issues with the aluminum grips.

Q

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The sharpness. I don't have it today. Razz Big Grin

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Identical dimensions. Same level of stickiness.

These are my findings too. I have both G10 and aluminum Sig marked. I went back to the aluminum marked just because they are cooler looking.

I will say that they are pretty fregging cold in the winter after an entire day of working though.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
G10 all the way for me. Alum gets cold and scratches easily.
G10 is also workable. If the edges are sharp or the texture to rough all you do is sand and then re-oil and you then go on like nothing ever happened.

^^^ Yep. I have G10 checkered on all my Sig classic pistols. All of the benefits of aluminum, without the drawbacks.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both but I find the G-10's much more practical. The aluminum grips look great but they do scratch and I once made the mistake of picking up my 226 with black aluminum grips that I had left on a shooting bench in the sun. Yikes.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input. I have aluminum now and I’m going to give the g10’s a try
I like them on the newer 225’s