SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s period correct magazine for a KG date code P228?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s period correct magazine for a KG date code P228? Login/Join 
posted
Should it be a dovetailed back? Or just a regular 13 rounder with sig mark? It’s quite hard to find new or like new dovetailed sig mags in the market. Thanks!

Posts: 259 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't know what gun laws are like in your country, but if there is no capacity restriction, then yes, it's the 13-rd German dovetail mags. Over here, it would be the 10-rd dovetail one, since it was during the Klinton AWB era.

Q

Posts: 26763 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh- so it means I have to get the dovetail? Even if mine is KG or mid 90s manufactured?

Posts: 259 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don’t have restrictions here with magazine capacity. Just bought 15 rounder mecgars here on sale but previous owner lost oem magazines

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You asked, "What’s period correct magazine for a KG date code P228?"

And the answer is the dovetailed mag. You want to get it, fine, but you don't "have to" anything. The 15-rd Mec-Gar mag works perfectly fine. I'd say it's better, because it's just as reliable, but you never have to worry about the seam coming apart at the top like you would with the dovetail.

Q

Posts: 26763 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a NOS zipper back that’s German made in the packaging this is for what model? Mine has exeter importer mark.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"zipper back" mags were for year 1989(JK), 1990(KA) and 1991(KB) P228s.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks! Will look for a dovetail back..