SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG owner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG owner Login/Join 
posted
Just became a new SIG owner with the purchase of a P365. I have been looking at this pistol for a while and finally, despite the recent gun shortage, was able to locate one and bring it home. The P365 will assume the role as my EDC gun, replacing my S&W Shield 1.0 9MM. The S&W was a good gun but had its faults. After one trip to the range with the P365 I am blown away at how much better than the S&W it is.
I am, in my own opinion, a rank amateur when it comes to accuracy but after getting to know the SIG at the range today I am a much better shooter.

My first couple mags of slow deliberate fire at 7 yards were to the left a few inches, but after getting accustomed to the trigger and sights I was definitely getting very close to center. I think the sights may be off a bit but I wasn't able to try to adjust them. I got into a rhythm after a few more mags and got a nice 2" hole right in the center. I did a few mags of double and triple taps and rapid fire mag dumps as you can see the majority were in the "5" zone. A few fliers here and there and some of my double tap head shots were off to the left.

For me personally, given my troubles with sight focus because of wearing bifocals slightly shaky hands, this is probably the best I've ever shot a "defensive" handgun.

The best gun purchase I made (so far)!!!!

PS: I was going to post the photo but I can't figure out how

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your first Sig and your first post on this forum; and thank you for what you did in the Navy, Chief.

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTC(SS)USNRet:
Just became a new SIG owner with the purchase of a P365. I have been looking at this pistol for a while and finally, despite the recent gun shortage, was able to locate one and bring it home. The P365 will assume the role as my EDC gun, replacing my S&W Shield 1.0 9MM. The S&W was a good gun but had its faults. After one trip to the range with the P365 I am blown away at how much better than the S&W it is.
I am, in my own opinion, a rank amateur when it comes to accuracy but after getting to know the SIG at the range today I am a much better shooter.

My first couple mags of slow deliberate fire at 7 yards were to the left a few inches, but after getting accustomed to the trigger and sights I was definitely getting very close to center. I think the sights may be off a bit but I wasn't able to try to adjust them. I got into a rhythm after a few more mags and got a nice 2" hole right in the center. I did a few mags of double and triple taps and rapid fire mag dumps as you can see the majority were in the "5" zone. A few fliers here and there and some of my double tap head shots were off to the left.

For me personally, given my troubles with sight focus because of wearing bifocals slightly shaky hands, this is probably the best I've ever shot a "defensive" handgun.

Bifocals and shakes hands, welcome to my world. Sounds like you are doing fine though. What has helped me is knowing that I will never be able to hold completely still, so front sight bang. Another option which helps some is going to fiber optics on the sights or Going with a reflex sight like a Romeo 1 or equivalent. Red dots make the sight picture easier align two things not 3 and unlike lasers with shakes hands don’t make you want to keep changing grip or stance or whatever to dampen down the shakes. I am told that when I do fire I am much less shakey. Don’t know the mechanics but shoot fairly well anyway.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
quote:

Bifocals and shaky hands, welcome to my world. Sounds like you are doing fine though. What has helped me is knowing that I will never be able to hold completely still, so front sight bang. Another option which helps some is going to fiber optics on the sights or Going with a reflex sight like a Romeo 1 or equivalent. Red dots make the sight picture easier align two things not 3 and unlike lasers with shakes hands don’t make you want to keep changing grip or stance or whatever to dampen down the shakes. I am told that when I do fire I am much less shakey. Don’t know the mechanics but shoot fairly well anyway.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your first SIG purchase.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Welcome and congratulations on your first Sig! If you’re like most of us here, there will be many more Sigs in your future.

I wear trifocals, which are really not conducive to pistol shooting, so I had my optometrist make me a pair of bifocal glasses where the middle strength of the trifocals is the large area of the right eye lens, the top strength of the trifocals is the large area of the bifocal on the left eye, and the bottom of the trifocals is the same on both lenses of the bifocals. With these, my right eye sees the front sight sharply, the left eye sees the target sharply, and I can read headstamps with the reader parts.

Makes walking around a little weird for a minute or two until your brain makes the necessary adjustments to what it’s seeing, but it works for me.

My hands are not as steady as they used to be either, but I haven’t solved that one yet.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new SIG !

Pull the trigger in-between "shakes" !

Smile

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your service, hope you love the gun. You might check out a 365xl with a red dot with your vision issues.
I have Had shaky hands all my life, some sort of inherited tremor, not real fun and frustrating.

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Welcome and congratulations on your first Sig! If you’re like most of us here, there will be many more Sigs in your future.

I wear trifocals, which are really not conducive to pistol shooting, so I had my optometrist make me a pair of bifocal glasses where the middle strength of the trifocals is the large area of the right eye lens, the top strength of the trifocals is the large area of the bifocal on the left eye, and the bottom of the trifocals is the same on both lenses of the bifocals. With these, my right eye sees the front sight sharply, the left eye sees the target sharply, and I can read headstamps with the reader parts.

Makes walking around a little weird for a minute or two until your brain makes the necessary adjustments to what it’s seeing, but it works for me.

My hands are not as steady as they used to be either, but I haven’t solved that one yet.

I may have to do something like that as well but likely will need to cataracts dealt with first. Cataracts in the time of covid but are not really ready yet either thank god

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Brother. I too carry a 365 as my EDC and find it one of the best, if not the best carry gun I have ever used. Small, light, accurate, and 13rds on tap, what else could you ask for.

HMCS(FMF) USN/RET

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Dito on the welcome....

finger placement on the trigger and grip are very important....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Welcome to the forum, thank you for yours service, and congratulations on your new P365.
Here's a link to a discussion on posting photos: <<click here>>

postimages.org is another useful hosting site.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, and the world of Sig.

The P365 is my favorite CCW for the foreseeable future, it's that good.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new gun.

Thanks for your service and welcome to the forum.

Sig has a winner in the P365. They've done a great job too in ramping up production to meet demand.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 365, it's a really good pistol.

I too wear bifocals and have hand shakes. my instructor tells me that bad trigger squeezes account for more inaccuracies that the shakes do. So, he has me ignoring the shakes and concentrating on my trigger pulls, slow and steady, be surprised when the gun goes off. It works!

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post