SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P938 double feeding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P938 double feeding Login/Join 
posted
2nd time at the range with my new P938. 1st time ran flawless, today every other magazine had a double feeding issue where I’d have to drop the mag to clear and start over. Ran Magtech 115gr which I’ve never used anywhere before but it ran fine today in my PPS and S&W. Any ideas?

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark your magazines. Track if the problem is isolated to just one. If so, replace it. If not, try a new recoil spring. If that doesn’t work, call SIG.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1862 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When I hear "double feed" I think of a failure to extract, like this.

The fired case (note the primer dimple) stays in the chamber and the top round in the magazine butts up against it. You have to lock the slide back and forcibly pull the magazine out. This is an extractor problem. But if you mean two rounds are trying to feed out of the magazine, that would be a magazine problem.

Posts: 28029 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a magazine problem....two live rounds try and double up and it jams with the slide partially open. I’ve got another mag to try and I’m planning on keeping the mags loaded for a week or so to try and soften up the springs. Don’t know why that wouldn’t have happened right out of the box though instead of after 50-100 rounds.

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
The feed lips may have spread out just a tad after some rounds were run thru it.

If it is one mag you may want to compare (measure) the width of the opening of the feed lips and make the proper adjustments.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post