SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 or P226 Stainless Elite in 357sig?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 or P226 Stainless Elite in 357sig? Login/Join 
Picture of D4Heavy
posted
I have searched around on the internet and can’t seem to find the stainless elite in 357sig. Did Sig make this model in 357sig?

I love the stainless look and rosemary wood grips.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I know they made the 226 Stainless Elite in .357 Sig back when they made them with the short extractor.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
SIG made the P229SSE in .357SIG

I used to have one and it was a special order.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from what I have been seeing all of the real stainless Elites are being bought up .9mm ,.40 p266,p229.don't know much about .357 but as far as I know they don't make any of these models in stainless anymore. By real stainless I mean compaired to the the newer stainless look aluminum frame models which are plentifull. I recently saw a [new old stock] p226 9mm sell for $1625.00 .
I would keep a close eye on gunbroker. sometimes BUDS gets used ones but not cheap either.

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Copy that, thanks all!

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Yes there were some

But probably not a lot

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
There's a P226 Stainless Elite on the broker with both a 9mm slide and a .357sig slide.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
There's a P226 Stainless Elite on the broker with both a 9mm slide and a .357sig slide.

the case says [ASE] which I think stands for alloy stainless elite, aluminum frame stainless slide . not an all stainless elite.someone correct me if I am wrong . I see alot of these for sale, a person needs to know the difference in the 2 when shopping for one. . stainless elites[SSE] and stainless [ASE] elites.

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems like if all else fails you might be able to find one in 40cal and then just put a 357 sig barrel in it?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post