SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1968 Browning Hi Power - T-Series (Miami-Style)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1968 Browning Hi Power - T-Series (Miami-Style) Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
Thanks to a tip from a friend, I met up with the son of the original owner of this fine BHP (recently departed). His dad admired this 1968 Hi Power plated in gold in the window at a shop in Miami for months and months while in high school. Once he had a job, he saved until he could afford it. And then reportedly never fired it after purchasing it new. No way to know if it really is unfired but it is immaculate inside.

Now, to find an original Browning pistol case/rug with the red liner for it. Some mother of pearl grips would be perfect, as well.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
SAWEEEEET! Congratulations on becoming the next custodian for this gorgeous example. While I have nothing even close to the rarity of this, there are a couple in my care that will be cherished and cared for till they pass on to my Beneficiaries.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Nice! Gold plating wears extremely quickly and they don't survive with regular use, so judging from how little wear this example has, I'd agree that is probably handled more than it's been actually shot.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gold plated, not really my cup of tea, but a never been fired T- series Hi Power, in THAT condition!!!!
WOW!!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s excellent - congratulations!

It looks like even the magazine body is plated in addition to the magazine base, maybe?

Have just watched a documentary on the music of the James Bond film series, Shirley Bassey’s rendition of “Goldfinger” immediately springs to my mind here!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Wow. Looks just like the unfired T series I got from my dad (he bought it new and never fired it).. but mine is blued. Did Browning send those out with gold finish or was that done after it left the factory? Very James Bond for sure.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not my taste, I will say congratulations on the purchase of a very fine firearm in very nice condition.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, the magazine is plated too. Some high spots look a little thin on the plating so concur on it being handled vs. fired.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
concur on it being handled vs. fired.

On contact surfaces like the frame/slide rails and hammer-cocking rail, the plating won't last long if actually fired.

Posts: 27958 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled?yes.
Fired? I doubt it!

Neat story!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.hogueinc.com/grips...ck-pearlized-polymer

How about pearlized black to comliment the controls?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Such a nice and rare find, congratulations!

Now you need to wear it to a BBQ!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post