SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EGW optics mounts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EGW optics mounts. Login/Join 
posted
Wanting to put a red dot on my Sig 1911 TAC OPS. I see that EGW makes a rear mounting plate that uses the rear dove tail mount.

Anyone use these and how did they hold up.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've used them on three different red dots and they are pretty much bulletproof. The only downside is the red dot is sitting kind of high over the slide. That's why I like them better with longer slides, as it gives you a better index to find the red dot after recoil.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I understand that they will be higher than if the slide was milled for a red dot.

i was worried about how the mount stands up and if it will cause it to loosen in the dove tail.

Larry

posted Hide Post
Over the past several years I have had four EGW dovetail plates and continue to have two. I think they are excellent quality and the fit in the dovetail is precise. Additionally there is a set screw that can be tightened down against the bottom of the dovetail forcing upward pressure on the plate further securing it. Plus you can also add a drop of loctite if need be. FYI: EGW is a very well know manufacturer of gun parts specifically 1911s and has an excellent reputation for quality. Have no fear when buying from EGW.
As to the height of the RDS when fastened to a plate, sure it will sit a bit higher but from my experience that only matters when purchasing a holster. The RDS will still perform for its' intended use even though it may sit a bit higher.
And you always have the option of removing the plate and putting back the rear sight. I found this to be very helpful when selling a gun as not every buyer wants a milled slide.

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and encourgement.

Now i just got to find a Venom in stock.

Vortex rep just told me that the 3 and 6 MOA is on back order for 2-3 months.

Hello Ebay... LOL