SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG 226 9mm Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG 226 9mm Legion Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
That grouping will get better.
SIG 229 Legion by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr First 15 at 7 yrds low and to the left. by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2260 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 20 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 16, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great shooter!!! The legion P-series are phenomenal. I carried the SAO like yours for a while, but I kept sweeping the ambi safety off.

Stricktly a range/home gun and it never disappoints. Enjoy!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
My three 226 ELITE SAO 9MM, 220 CARRY SAO,FOR SALE!!! Smile .45ACP LEGION 229 SAO 9mm.
url=https://flic.kr/p/2pibqPG] [/url]The Boys by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2260 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
The trigger guards and frames are a very similar profile,they all fit my one SAFARILAND 568 holster.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

posted Hide Post
Lots of dry fire will fix all that if you tighten your grip.

Posts: 39 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
yes my weakness gripping tight i have artur itus in both hands... thumbs and index fingers Im trying to find a squeeze ball get some strength in them.
Thanks for the input. Smile

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'd also look at where your finger is on the trigger.... that was my problem and still is sometimes.

A SAO P226 Sig Legion was my holy grail of guns, I really wanted one in 357 sig caliber... but had to settle for a 9mm... but.... I just put the slide for my first Legion (DA/SA in 357) on and I have it....

I really can't see improving the trigger on mine. Tight and sharp...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I have a spare full slide assembly, barrel, spring for the 226, I put adjustable sights on it, hardly ever used it, thinking of selling it on SIG forum.
The 226 trigger is good for me the more I will get back into shooting the better my grouping will get.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cyberphobia,

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

posted Hide Post
Try it with 147 grain bullets and it will probably shoot perfect for elevation. I use a firm hold on all my guns and have found that for my P365, LC9s Pro, SR1911 9mm all of them seem to be regulated for 147 grain 9mm loads. The only exception is my TZ75, that shoots to center with 124 grain loads.

I will also note that out of the box the rear sight on my P365 was 0.02 inch right of the slide centerline. The gun also shot right. After taking note of this I drifted the rear sight to center and it now shoots perfectly to the POA. so you may want to spend some time with a height gage or some calipers using magnification to see if your sight is off center.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5661 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Scooter123 I have not gone back to the range since I bought her so still only 15 rounds down the pipe, have been getting my 226 SAO back into action for the Steel Shoots.
After the silly season is over I will be back in the range put some more rounds through the 229...127gr is what Im use to.. also going to see what results I get from using my 226... 20 rounders in the 229; I know they fit bit loose but its only for the range.
Not had the opportunity to try the mag swap before.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG