SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Update 5 at top; New Smith M&P 10mm 4" - IT CHOKES!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update 5 at top; New Smith M&P 10mm 4" - IT CHOKES! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update 3 at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I bet it is a recoil caused issue.

I'd polish the followers and remove any sharp edges that can catch the punchouts.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update 3:

Installed 22lb. recoil spring assembly from Galloway. No difference at all. Still consistently jambs the second to last round from the magazine no matter what the ammo.

Wondering what to do at this point. I'm going to try and run the standard magazine spring with the 22lb. recoil spring and see if that does anything. I'm also going to look at it tomorrow under better lighting and see if polishing the feed ramp or the underside of the barrel hood might do anything.

I would return it to factory configuration and send it back again. Provide a detailed list of every type of ammo you used and that it happens every time with each manufacturer of ammo. If you could include a link to a video of it happening or put one on a USB drive to send in, I would do that too.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@2000Z-71 Thank you for keeping us updated.

I have been following your thread.

I am somewhat leery of investing into M&P 10mm

There is a reddit thread of somebody who went
through very similar iterations.

His 'working configuration'
is standard recoil spring + extra power magazine spring.

Apparently there is a magazine design issue.
See more details at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smith...n_flaw_and_solution/

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update 4 at top.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.