New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt BOA Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
I had the opportunity to handle a Colt BOA today. I read about them years ago, but have never seen one in the wild.

The finish is really a beautiful deep blue.

Any BOA owners here? Have you shot it?

I am not sure I want a gun I would not want to shoot.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
You were fortunate enough to handle a fairly rare Colt to get your hands on. Nice.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Saw one on GB a week or two ago for like $25k, never heard of it before. At first glance it looked like a Python, but I'm no expert.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9671 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Boa revolvers were a limited run of 1200 by a single distributor in 1985 that consisted of Python barrels on Trooper Mark V frames. While they looked like a Python they were totally different internally. The Python used the E/ I frame with a leaf mainspring while the Boa was the less costly and easier to make coil mainspring design . All in all a good idea and one that Colt should have continued . As the Pythons rose in cost , they should have capitalized on the Python look by putting the vent rib barrel on the King Cobra.

Posts: 13791 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post